Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peyragudes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Peyragudes- anyone been? Do you reccomend, me and Mrs- where to stay?

cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We run a catered ski chalet in the spa town of Bagneres de Luchon which is the main accommodation area for Peyragudes. This is the 2nd most visited ski resort in the French Pyrenees which has had over 20m of investment pumped into it in the last few years.

The ski area is great, almost all above the tree line and there is tons of off piste. The lift passes are not expensive and usually (as with our guests) you have the ability to ski Luchons local resort (Superbagneres) during the same week.

The Peyresourde base is the better of the two, where you have a choice of high speed lifts as well as a good nursery area. This was totally redesigned with new restaurants, shops and ticket office which opened last year. Due to extensive snow making and the orientation of the slopes they keep and hold the snow very well.

Mainly long wide runs, with some very challenging blacks - something for everyone really. The only negative is that you really wouldn't want to stay at the resort itself as there is very little to do which is why most people opt for Bagneres de Luchon which is a classy resort with lots of apres ski and a good selection of boutiques, bars and restaurants as well as the Spa itself which has undergone a revamp at the start of this winter.

I hope this helps - if you would like more information just drop me a message.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use to live in Toulouse and Peyragudes was my mainresort due to easy access and decent ski area..
Depending on your ability, it might be a bit small for a week but plenty of good runs..

I nearly went at Christmas on a day trip but dodgy weather and few open runs and lifts put me off... It's still quite poor at the mo judging by the webcams.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it is a 3 day trip- arrive thurs leave sunday- so 2 maybe 2 and half days ski.
if we were to stay in bagneres de luchon is it a bus to the slopes or walk or what?? and how far?

THANKS
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kruisler wrote:

I nearly went at Christmas on a day trip but dodgy weather and few open runs and lifts put me off... It's still quite poor at the mo judging by the webcams.

The off piste is very mixed at the moment, lower down virtually none but above the mid station there is some very good snow. The piste is in excellent condition and there is fantastic top to bottom skiing available. With temperatures falling as of today and fresh snow due this week it will only make things better.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Guide,
Cool cool!
My next "pyrenees" window will be easter now. Hope it's like last year: last week-end of the season, hardly anyone on the mountain, amazing powder everywhere! snowHead
Fingers crossed, you never know! wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maskey wrote:
it is a 3 day trip- arrive thurs leave sunday- so 2 maybe 2 and half days ski.
if we were to stay in bagneres de luchon is it a bus to the slopes or walk or what?? and how far?

THANKS

MASKEY There is an office in the centre of Luchon where you can buy your lift passes and where also you can buy a bus ticket which leaves from in front of the Peyragudes office and drops off at the Agudes base area. The bus leaves around 9am and returns at 5pm.

We drive our own guests to the Peyresourde base where we have VIP parking so timing is not as important.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy