Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Value" family Skiing March 27th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to ACL reconstruction I can't go skiing until the end of March, and I've been looking at dates on the 27th March, the week before Easter.

I'm guessing I'll need to book somewhere high to ensure some good snow.

There are 3 of us going, me, wife and 11 year old daughter. The wife and I will have our own equipment. Wife and daughter will need lessons, 2 and 1 weeks experience respectively.

I've been looking at Montgenevre and stumbled across Skitopia, but a search on here showed they may not be what I need. But I don't have high standards, we are a family of campers!

I'm trying to do this for less than £2k for flights, accomodation, meals, lift pass and ski school.

Beer comes from a seperate pot of cash NehNeh although apres ski not important

Should I be looking at driving and self catering, or maybe I should wait for a deal where there is snow?

.......and help would be helpful! I know it's not much of a question, but I guess I'm not alone Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I usually try pricing the driving and diy plan, but nearly always get a package cheaper. Just need to spend lots of time on internet pricing them up, but it is possible, go for the queiter resorts that link to the bigger ones ie vaujany/Alpes duez, we've had some real bargains and never been disappointed!
snow report
 SteveB100
SteveB100
dave_m, Hi I think maybe your wife may have answered my post today 18/2 (are you going by train to Montgenevre?) but if not, do you fancy talking about driving? I have a 10 year old daughter who will come with me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dave_m, If you like camping you may be able to rent a chalet in Venosc and ski here that week. We certainly will have good snow then. If staying in Venosc then you can rent a locker for your equipment in the village and come up (gondola) in trainers - makes life easy. Whether it would be cheap that week though is another matter - I know I have a number of people coming.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_m,

We've got two spaces in a chalet to fill and there are two more rooms available. Reason is that my sister booked to come with us and has just found out here husband is back from Saudi that week (he works away 7-8 weeks and then comes back for 1).
She can't make it now and she's already paid (and is mortified) so we have a twin room open for offers - very open to negotiation snowHead snowHead

We did lots of research for the resort that would be ok for beginners and experts (my sister and my nephew have 1 weeks experience each) and that was why we chose Les Arcs.

It would mean you would need to book a single room for your daughter - the package at the moment could be got for about £600. Chalet is Turia in Arcs 2000. If you'd like to get in touch, let me know through PM and we can chat.

Good luck searching!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Parkyparcours, could be interested in this, could i have more details on this via pm? thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy