Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mon 5th - how far south in UK has the snow reached ?

Poster: A snowHead
Derby takes us 4 hours on the train...................south ! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plonked down a cm in a few mins here in bracknell.

very heavy now

tux
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Managed 2 runs on Dartmoor this afternoon snowHead
Have another go in the morning Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still snowing heavily here. The drive home was "interesting" (my RWD Merc, despite Spyder chains on the rear wheels didn't like stopping when told to)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
persistent snow in Basingstoke since about 6pm, about 1-2inches on the ground. Lift office has confirmed a late openning in the morning due to avalanche blasting Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skinutter, Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just started dumping to the west of london (Ruislip) Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Fareham 10 mins ago
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been snowing here in Chesham Bucks for about an hour and a half now, and getting pretty heavy, will be interesting seeing the cars in our road
try and get out again in the morning, as we are at the bottom of a curved incline that always stops the cars in their tracks Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is no snow where I am but those lazy sods at SW trains have already cancelled all tomorrow's trains on my line and many others. They never miss a trick. ****s.

When the Chinese take over, I hope there is a bullet in the back of the head for the person in charge.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 5-01-10 21:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Freddie Paellahead,

Very pretty. It is 0 deg here and feels like an ice storm!!!!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bikergirl, snap to both location and situation! Shocked Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still waiting for a flake to fall in S London. I have tomorrow booked off anyway as I'm meant to be taking OH to a hospital appointment for day surgery - if that's not cancelled!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
About 3cm here on the Staffordshire/Shropshire border. Still snowing. Outside chance of digging the old skis out of the shed tomorrow.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
About 5-10cm and its still falling in West Oxfordshire.
ski holidays
Snowing in Epsom, Surrey now Very Happy
snow conditions
Was snowing in Hemel at 7pm and it started snowing here in Hitchin, Herts at 9pm and still going
snow report
Has been snowing in mid-Sussex, about 3 inches so far
ski holidays
15 cms here in binfield near bracknell and still snowing HARD!
mmm thinking about getting the board out tommorow.

Tux
snow conditions
Just driven back from Newbury from Oxford.
A34 still passable, but getting worse as you head north.
The minor roads are getting decidedly dodgy.
Still snowing, probably had about 2-3 inches so far, although it's packing down tightly on the roads and not slushy. The wrong type of snow Toofy Grin

Still excited though Very Happy
latest report
tuxpoo,

Yes up above the kerbs easily here

Where are the hills near Bracknell ? - presume Nike wont open Sad
We're a bit flatter over in Winnersh/SIndlesham/Arboefield way
ski holidays
two inches in east grinstead. wax up those skis for east court tomorroow
snow report
sev112, Been thinking about that all evening. Going to have to be walking distance from me as im on a road that never gets treated.

I am walking distance of Nike. Wonder how much snow it needs ?

If you can get to the holt school. Theres a slope infront. Theres even possiblity of a tree run Very Happy

Tux
snow report
Freddie Paellahead, what a stunning photograph. Very Happy

cathy, proper snow up the Junction now. Choir finished early, the church where we rehearse was so blooming perishing, went to the gym on the way back home. It started to snow a bit as I was driving back at about 1000, now dumping seriously. Just hope it all goes by Sunday...
snow report
It's been snowing for a couple of hours in Milton Keynes but is easing up now. Probably about 2" on the ground. Our son reports that there was only one lane open on the M1 as he travelled back from London late this evening and he was only able to do about 15mph as he drove round one of the large roundabouts on a local dual carriageway.
ski holidays
It's finally made it to Streatham - about an inch so far and its still coming down quite steadily... I love the light you get when it snows in cities - it is very eerie.
snow report
Grrr. Bit peeved with selfish neighbours who have left their cars strewn about the cul-de-sac just because the driveways have a slight slope. I'm going to have to knock on doors and get at least three of them to move so I can go to work.
snow report
hmmm, continues to thump it down with snow here:

There have been local slab avalanches on Mont Conservatoire and fresh powder in abundance....never seen anything like it in this country - keep it coming i say!

David
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sideshow_Bob, I've had the odd work conf call in gondolas or over lunch with the kids. There are few ways to annoy people more than by referring to clear blue skies and fresh powder!!
snow conditions
The roads are empty today (apart from the abandoned cars which I have been treating as slalom posts!). Is everyone wagging off? Bunch of lightweights...
snow report
Well I finally got to work. It took at least 2 minutes to get out of bed, find some clothes and wonder into my office. NehNeh
snow conditions
Working at home today. The "joys" of piloting a desk all week and having broadband at home to access the company network. Sad

The piste in our garden has improved for a hard frost overnight and a light dusting of powder. The unpisted stuff through the climbing frame and swings remains treacherous and the off-piste through the vegetable paste a veritable death-trap. If only I could finish converting the lawnmower to a piste-basher...Smile
latest report
Working from home not an option for me, we do not have remote access to our server.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
Working from home not an option for me, we do not have remote access to our server.

Our company set this up to give us the "flexibility" to work evenings and weekends, but it's proved very useful during the dodgy weather.

My only problem is that the house is still full of Christmas treats and I'm getting fat!
snow report
queen bodecia wrote:

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me, given everything else we have heard bout your workplace.
latest report
alex_heney, don't start that again. It's purely for security reasons. Most of the material we produce is sensitive and we are all bound by confidentiality clauses. If this work was able to be viewed on any computer in any location, that confidentiality could easily be lost.
snow report
sarep, Streatham Common's New Park is excellent for toboganning....many happy memories from when I was a kid from West Norwood.
snow report
queen bodecia wrote:
alex_heney, don't start that again. It's purely for security reasons. Most of the material we produce is sensitive and we are all bound by confidentiality clauses. If this work was able to be viewed on any computer in any location, that confidentiality could easily be lost.

There are ways to encrypt the data. All my work is on confidential stuff. Its not that hard to setup a proper high security VPN configuration. You can't just view the work on any machine you neeed special software to set it up but its a simple download
latest report
Rob_Quads, yes, but none of that stops other people looking over your shoulder. Wouldn't be a problem for me as I live alone, but where would you draw the line? Remote access only available in a locked room away from the prying eyes of others and never on a laptop in a public place?
snow conditions
snowing in Poole now..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy