Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun, Austria: 6-13th Feb - flights & apartment for 2 available

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to illness, two of our party are likely to pull out of our family trip, leaving us with some spaces. Unfortunately, as this is an existing medical condition which has returned, their travel insurance may not pay out, and refunds at this late stage are difficult.

We have flights booked with Easyjet from Gatwick to Salzburg, leaving at 07:20 on Satuday 6th Feb, and returning at 16:10 on Saturday 13th Feb (arrival at Gatwick is 17:10). Transfer from Salzburg to Kaprun is relatively simple by train, or private taxi - we will be booking one or more taxis, and may be able to share depending on the exact details.

In Kaprun, we have two apartments booked in the same building ( http://web.kaprun.at/schaidreiter/default.htm ), with one of these now surplus to requirements. Apartment Lisa would be available for your sole use. The apartments are in a quiet location, with a ski bus stop outside.

If anyone is interested in taking these places, please drop me a PM. While we are open to offers, we'd obviously like to recover as much as we can of our outlay.

Prices are as we paid - £100 return per person for the flights (this flight is still open on the Easyjet website, at £135 return), and €375 for the apartment for the week, inclusive of taxes and final cleaning. Transfers are likely to be around €60 per person return in shared taxis, or €50 return by train and postbus. Salzburg airport to Kaprun is about an hour by taxi, or 2 hours by public transport.

Kaprun has three ski areas on the local pass - the Kitzsteinhorn glacier (about 10 minutes away by bus), Maiskogel (5 minutes by bus), or Zell am See (10 minutes by bus), all of which provides 130km of pistes in a great location with good snow cover and a friendly and lively village.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

I am a single guy looking to go around the same time. If you would consider a single guy taging along then please let me know the cost

Lee
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheeky_monkey, possibly, but we'd obviously prefer to recover more than half of the costs if possible. I'll bear you in mind, and should know one way or the other in the next 2-3 days.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Update: we've very kindly been offered a full refund on the spare apartment, so that's a no-brainer. The flights are still available if anyone is interested - we'll cover the cost of the name changes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok thanks anyway, have a good holiday
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy