Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
We're going to Belle Plagne, our first time there, in two weeks time. Really looking forward to it. Hope the snow's ok! Does anyone know some good places to eat? Thanks, Lianne O'K
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lianne, welcome to snowHeads. I don't know La Plagne, but replies are bound to follow. In the meantime, you can search the site from the drop-down menu labelled 'user Facilities' (under the mountain scene). Pound to a penny someone has already made a restaurant recommendation.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Lianne, where are you staying and when?? We are staying in Les Constellations for a week from the 12th March.

Not too sure about the eating up in Belle Plagne (know Plagne Centre better), although Le Cheyenne (Mexican Restaurant in Belle Plagne) is excellent.

Mats Pub (now called La Tete Inn) is good for apres ski, with live music most nights
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the hill we ate at La Bergerie whic is of the top of Colossus lift and head towards Plagne centre and after a few hundred metres look right. In a lovely sun trap. Some articles say it is not chea, but we had some lovely scran eg omlette jambon and frites 7 euro mmmmmmm delish.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lianne, I am sure that you will find your way over to La Plagne Montalbert during your holiday. When you do be sure to search out Le Forperet. It's halfway down to Montalbert on the left hand side about 400m metres off the main piste not far from a Village de Vacances. It is a typical rustic Chalet style farm type building with a large terrace, more typical of an Austrian resort. Absolutely super atmostsphere and good mountain food. You won't be disappointed! Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lianne, in BP itself a small restaurant called La Cloche is very good for local specialities. You don't have a lot of choice but you can always get the gondola down to Bellecote for more scope. And yes the Tex-Mex place is also good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you take the Colossus lift you go over a nice restuarrant underneath the chair. And there is a very nice one over MAontalbert through the Car park, can't remember what it is called but very good. It maybe the same as DAVID SNELL refers to and get there early. Don't turn up at peak time and expect to get a seat, very popular!

At night try the Pizza shop down by the Gondola at Belleplange. They are keen to please and it is very reasonable. During the day they always have an outside counter and you pass it to get back to the piste from the shops
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lianne, Belle Plagne: wonderful place. One of my favourite resorts. I go there every year.
I presume you want restaurants and bars in Belle Plagne for the evening, and mountain restaurants further afield for lunch.
On the La Plagne site there are a couple of maps of Belle Plagne: here and here.

In Belle Plagne: the best place for drinkies or a meal is Le Chalet de Maitre Kanter (79 55 76 70), part of the Balcons set-up.
The Pizza place under the gondola is excellent value.
Le Cheyenne café (79 09 20 72) is great fun for Margaritas in a friendly crowded noisy atmosphere, and the food isn't bad, but the service can be ridiculously slow.
Matt's Pub was a great place, but I don't like its new incarnation as La Tête Inn. If you want late night fun-and-games go to the Saloon Bar.
Le Matafan is a touch over-priced, but for a long relaxing evening it is hard to beat.

Further afield? Well I have yet to find a bad mountain restaurant. But ones not to be missed are:
Le Chalet des Colosses under the drag lift of the same name just above Bellecote with an ice-rink attatched.
Le Petit Chaperon Rouge in Plagne 1800 by the 1800 chair.
Le Sauget just above the top of the chair out of Montachavin - great for a long lunch.
The restaurant at Les Bauches (do not take the blue from here down to Montchavin or you will do more walking than skiing)
At Roche de Mio there is a tempting restuarant just beside the top of the gondola, but you will do better to ski down a bit to under the Inversins chair where there is a smaller place with fantastic views.
On the Champangy side try the new restaurant near the bottom of Hara-kiri and the self-service near the bottom of the Rossa chair with fantastic views across to Courchevel.

I'm sure you will have a great time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from La Plagne centre. and if your over that was La Vega is a nice place to have lunch. at the bottom of the slopes right in plangne centre. there is also a nice resturant in bellecotte right on the far left of it as you look down the piste think is is called colossus. nice for lunch
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lianne, You will have an awesome time. There really is something there for everyone! Make sure you get up nice and early and head up the mountain to avoid the early morning queues. If you have time go over to Les Arcs, but i wouldnt worry about it if you lift pass does not cover it, as there is tons of great skiing in La Plagne!

Can't be much help on eating out, but needless to say there are a couple of very friendly sports bars dotted around the place.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hope they fix that broken funitel soon!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Le Vega is definitely one of the best restaurants in Plagne Centre, along with Le Refuge, and La Phare Ouest. We're off to Belle Plagne on Friday for 9 days Wink Tomski, what is that that is broken at the moment?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charlatanefc, the grand boche funitel was out of action today apparently, but expected to open tommorow, so thats cool, no worries! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On the slopes Au Bon Vieux Temps, near the Golf lift by Aime, is worth a visit
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulburnham, welcome to snowheads.
snow conditions
Off to La Plagne tomorrow night, doing an early one with a night stopover in Moutiers so we can get into LP early on Saturday and enjoy a nice quiet day on the slopes while most of the tour operators are on changeover day. Can't wait Wink
snow conditions
Hi

Enjoying fantastic snow conditions this week. Hoping to find a nice homely french restaurant in belle plagne - we are considering the Matafan.
Any recommendations ?
snow report
Here's a little thread I started last year on La Plagne piste side restaurants
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=810920&highlight=piste+restaurants#810920
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy