Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vail and Aspen catch skipass fraudsters with new handheld scanners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Colorado ski resorts of Vail and Aspen are celebrating the success of their new liftpass scanners which reveal people (and instant photo images of them) using passes fraudulently, including using passes that belong to someone else.

This report from The Denver Post

Quote:
"What was intended as a customer-service benefit actually had the increased effect of fraud monitoring," said spokesman Jeff Hanle, noting that Aspen Skiing upped the fee for returning a pass involved in fraudulent use to $500 ..."
"Sometimes, all we have to say is the person's name and if they don't turn around, we go deeper and ask more questions," says Eric Simon, head of product sales for Vail Resorts.

That's a great trick, possibly based on a scene in the movie 'The Great Escape'. Bartlett, the English officer who has escaped from the prisoner of war camp, is about to board a bus while posing as a German. The SS officer says to him "Good luck, Herr Bartlett." Bartlett responds "Thank you." A chase through the streets ensues, with the desperate Bartlett hurling himself along alleyways and rooftops.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting article, I like this comment: "With passes being so much less expensive than they used to be in the past, there is no excuse." Jeepers - how much were they in the past?

Anyway, I don't think we would have the same problem in Europe 'cos we don't have an "scofflaws" here AFAIK.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"What was intended as a customer-service benefit "

pull the other one. How could this be seen as a customer service benefit activity?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well if you have reported a lost or stolen pass then it might be a benefit for you as in that case I can't see that they could charge you for its return, but americans are funny about stuff like that
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

That's a great trick, possibly based on a scene in the movie 'The Great Escape'. Bartlett, the English officer who has escaped from the prisoner of war camp, is about to board a bus while posing as a German. The SS officer says to him "Good luck, Herr Bartlett." Bartlett responds "Thank you." A chase through the streets ensues, with the desperate Bartlett hurling himself along alleyways and rooftops.

Pah! Wash your mouth out and get the tape out and watch the film again. It is, of course, MacDonald (not Bartlett) who gets caught by the "good luck" line (after warning the other escapees about that very tactic earlier in the film).

I have seen that film way too many times. Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Amazing if you're right. I think I've the video somewhere. In the meantime, here's the original trailer:

http://youtube.com/v/xkwmIDx9RwQ
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

A chase through the streets ensues, with the desperate Bartlett hurling himself along alleyways and rooftops.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't the would-be escaper in fact get shot running along the station platform after the other passengers hurl themselves to the ground? Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:
Quote:

A chase through the streets ensues, with the desperate Bartlett hurling himself along alleyways and rooftops.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't the would-be escaper in fact get shot running along the station platform after the other passengers hurl themselves to the ground? Puzzled

That was David McCallum as Lt. Cmdr. Eric Ashley-Pitt.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Correct. David McCallum won a scholarship to my old school: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_McCallum
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy