Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baskets needed for carbon poles......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please help!

I bought some carbon poles years ago - I think a Canadian make called 'Equipe', though I'm not sure as the paint has worn off and I've forgotten.....

Anyway, the baskets died last season, and not one shop in the 3 valleys could replace them (the poles are VERY skinny)!

Does anybody have any ideas how I can fix them? I've e-mailed Snow & Rock, Ellis Brigham etc...

Thanks very much Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Black Diamond do carbon poles....and sell replacement baskets, but I guess tricky to get mail order............
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oskypuss, ask at a Swix or Leki dealer for a Swix or Leki part.

Worst case scenario, they will replace the entire plastic ferrule with the basket on it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi

We had the same problem. You could try googling the manufacturer and contact them direct - we got new baskets for a obscure brand of poles last year that way - they happily posted them over from the US.

CP
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have very old Goode Carbon poles and I can't get large powder baskets for them. The new Goode ski poles have a different "Collet" attachment for the newer replacement baskets.

I bought some large ski pole baskets from Decathlon which I have attached to and underneath the small ones using cable ties. Unfortunately I managed to lose one of the large baskets recently, the cable ties get very brittle and can break in very low temperatures.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
welshflyer, take the old ferrule off and put one that has large basket fitment on.

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3667135
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
welshflyer, It was very old Goode poles that I referred to above. Have you tried them directly in the US? They are very helpful.

CP
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex,

Thanks for the link, not sure what you mean by the ferrule. The shaft of my ski poles have a small rod sticking out at 90 degrees to the shaft and the basket attaches to the small rod.

cp1000,

I contacted Goode in the USA a couple of years ago and they told me I needed to replace the collets and the baskets. I was intouch with their UK distributor who didn't send me the replacement parts and Goode no longer have a UK distributor.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
welshflyer, in my dialect this http://www.reliableracing.com/detail.cfm?edp=10700821 is a ferrule.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex,

Thanks for the last link which I assume is to a US shop. I may see if I can find a UK shop that sells them. I didn't realise that the tip and basket attachment came as a single "ferrule" unit. I think my poles are constructed in a different way because they so old, over 10 years old. The tip on my poles are simply glued into the open end at the bottom of the shaft and the basket is attached to a plastic ring which is kept on the shaft by the small rod.

The only reason I haven't replaced the poles is that I have spent ages "extending the handles" so I can grip them 2 feet down the shafts when I'm on a long traverse getting to the deep stuff.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy