Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellis Bringham Boot Refund??

Poster: A snowHead
My new ski boots fitted in the shop but not when sking (only the right foot) I understand EB offer a reduced refund but how likely am I to recieve this. I skied a week in the boots and and although did at least 5 hours a day I was in quite a lot of discomfort. I was informed by a staff member to return to the shop at a quiter time where I would be instructed to walk in the boots and that changes to the boot could be made?

I just get a feeling they are going to try to fob me off. Has anyone ever tried to get a refund, what are my chances?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If they don't work and the problem is a mistake by the store then get your cash back. If it was their choice of boot, you should be ok, if it was your choice, then it's on your head.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 4-01-10 16:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on what kind of discomfort, they may be able to get the boots to fit better when skiing.

Not tried it, but I'd have a copy of their boot fit guarantee printed off before I went back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

if it was your choice, then it's on your head

SMALLZOOKEEPER, no wonder they hurt - you're supposed to put them on your feet!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quite right. I can't believe that a professional boot fitter is converting boots into helmets
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think it's pretty clear from their website:

Quote:
We want you to be happy with your ski boots, so we will always try to remedy any problems you may encounter. Very often, this will be resolved by a simple stretch or grind to the ski boot to slightly alter the shape; in all cases we will expect good quality ski socks and supportive footbeds to be used. Should we not be able to provide a satisfactory fit, then, providing the ski boots have been worn for less than two weeks (wear and tear will be taken into account), correct socks and supportive footbeds have been used, and there is a proof of purchase (to show the boots were bought from Ellis Brigham in the preceding 18 months), we will issue a credit note for 70% of the value paid. This guarantee is offered in addition to your statutory rights, and it is dependent on our advice being accepted during fitting. For further information, terms and conditions contact customer.services@ellis-brigham.com.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jakemanc, I've always found Ellis Brigham (in MK) to be very helpful and their attitude to customer issues exemplary. No attempt to fob off, just an understanding, sensible and constructive approach, with the intention of doing anything necessary within reason to satisfy the customer. And no I don't work for them etc etc but have bought things from them for years.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is a week long enough for them to bed in properly? Might be that some work on the liner could help with the troubles you're having. I wouldn't go in guns blazing for a refund, you may well find they can get the boots to fit just nicely, just that some modification was required.

Interesting that they'll give you back 70% of the value even after they've done 2 weeks skiing. Our boots have done about that amount of time on the slopes and they certainly couldn't be resold as new, they might get away with nearly new but only if you've been very precious with them.

I'd also go in and give them the option of finding an alternative boot that fits you - they will probably want to swap them and lose a boot at trade price than refund 70% of the value in cash, even though that might be ideal for you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

My new ski boots fitted in the shop but not when sking (only the right foot)

I reckon if its only your right foot then you probably just need that one sorting. If the left one is fine then it sounds like your in a good fit, maybe the other just needs some attention. I've had a couple pairs of boots from the MK store over the years and i've always been super happy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds as if they'll re-fit them, and let you go on another weeks holiday to try them out, and if they're still not right, then refund 70% of the price. Only thing is to make sure you're within the 18mths. Seems a good deal.

I'll let my mate know as he buys a new pair every other year because of his girly feet... Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got the credit note, they suggested the policy didn't exist but on producing on of their white books from the counter they were more obliging.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv, the same book also has some good tips on boot fitting some of their staff need to read it. especially the bit on shell fit Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

They resell the poorly fitted boots with no guarantee and after you paid 30% of the cost for a week or 2 boot rental they loose sweet FA on returns. Judging by the amount of used boots for sale in their Tamworth store last season there were a good few boot to foot mismatches.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A friend found one boot really uncomfortable and in tears took it to a shop in resort. They found that the moulded footbed had been put in on top of the "normal" footbed (the other was OK).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just had some issues with some boots bought from EB. Got boots and footbeds made and they just didn't seem to comply to the soles of my feet. After only 10 minutes I was in some significant pain. At the end of every run my feet were killing and I had to unbuckle the boots immediately. This kind of thing eventually starts to ruin a good ski holiday!

Earlier this week I took a trip to Solutions 4 Feet in the hope of getting the boots sorted in time for my next trip. Colin (CEM on this forum?) took a different approach to assessing the boot fit looking for an underlying cause rather than a bodged quick fix.

The guy clearly knows his stuff, identifying the root cause of my pain to be tight muscles up the back of my legs which - due to the angles involved on the interior of the boot - prevented my foot from planting in the sole of the boot properly during turns and forcing it outwards causing pressure against the boot (at least that what I think he said). I got the footbeds replaced as the EB effort wasn't up to scratch - they had ground away all the useful supporting elements of the footbed. Also got some wedges added to the base of the boot to alter the angles and cater for my tight muscles. On top of that a series of stretches to do every day to loosen up those muscles!

The boots feel completely different. I'll be using them in anger in a few weeks time in Avoriaz and hopefully the mods and my stretches will do the trick! I'll let you know.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am returning some completely unsuitable Salomon falcon boots this weekend, wish I had gone to Solutions 4 feet in the first instance. Need the cash to purchase some Daleboots.
snow report
Urqcastle, how much to daleboots go for these days?
snow report
Go in there and and head-butt the manager. If that doesn't work, call some Millwall fans to assist in the art of persuasion.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy