Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada - Quebec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, anyone been to Quebec for skiing?
I'm going over there in a couple of weeks not specifically for skiing but would like to get away a couple of evenings for something and maybe a full weekend.
Obviously, Tremblant is the major ski resort in the area but there are plenty of smaller ones - any recommendations?
I don't think there's much vertical action but should be plenty of powder...
Obv, Jay Peak is close by as well.

Also, I wouldn't mind trying out a bit of cross country skiing at some point as well - any thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GordonFreeman, dress warm, choose your days. Expect East Coast rather than Rockies type snow - and watch JB007s snow reports - or perhaps PM him?

I've skied hills around Quebec City but not Montreal which is I guess where you are going.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I heard it was cold, like -30 odd Smile
When you say pick your days, you mean pick the warmer ones?
East coast snow? Most of my skiing has been Alp type hardpack and cruddy stuff.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like you know more than most of us here.

I can't exacxtly "recommend" any of the small resort as I had no personal experience in skiing them. But mountain biking up that way, I do know there're quite a few smallers ones you can check out. Bromont at Eastern township jumps out. It's only 1 hr from Montreal, and the my friends there seem to like it a lot.

X-c skiing is pratically everywhere. Even in parks within the city. The most extensive are up at the Laurentien mountain, an hr north of the city.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

When you say pick your days, you mean pick the warmer ones?

Pick your days -- do xc skiing on extreme cold/windy day! Very Happy

The one exception is big snow fall is often followed by high wind. So if you want powder, you'll need to be able to brace the extreme cold and high wind. Just dress accordingly.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GordonFreeman, If you get any time in the Quebec City area (as opposed to Montreal) it's well worth visiting Le Massif, about 1 hours's drive NE from Quebec City. It's a bit of an upside down resort, the car parking area is reached from a connecting road off of the main road which brings you to the top of the mountain. The pistes have great views over the frozen St Lawrence River, it looks as if they go almost to the water's edge Shocked (they don't quite)!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't say I was too impressed with Tremblant but Mont St Anne is supposed to be quite good. Just don't expect the Alps!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GordonFreeman, I mean do as the locals might - go out on powder days or days above -15 if skiing is not your primary reason to be there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's the actual skiing like? Very kind of intermediate kingdom or are there some black runs about? Off piste in Canada is patrolled like in the States I guess?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GordonFreeman, not skied Tremblant - pm JB007 - he knows and says he is keen to help and advise snowheads - see his thread in snow-reports
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Off piste in Canada is patrolled like in the States I guess?

Yes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We lived in Ontario and skiied quite a few different small ski hills, although only Tremblant in Quebec. Most don't have a great deal of vertical drop and their grading pretty much equates to french except that single black diamond = red and double black diamond = black. Tends to be much busier at weekends. Don't be put-off by the cold as it normally doesn't feel anything like as cold as the thermometer would suggest (apart from nasal hairs freezing that is Shocked ). You also have other delights such as freezing rain which can turn a reasonable snow slope to an icy nightmare within a couple of hours.
Don't know what your French (Canadian) is like but I didn't have any problems in Tremblant, the guys I worked with said that the nearer you got to Quebec City the worse it was.
Have fun.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We lived in Ontario and skiied quite a few different small ski hills, although only Tremblant in Quebec. Most don't have a great deal of vertical drop and their grading pretty much equates to french except that single black diamond = red and double black diamond = black. Tends to be much busier at weekends. Don't be put-off by the cold as it normally doesn't feel anything like as cold as the thermometer would suggest (apart from nasal hairs freezing that is Shocked ). You also have other delights such as freezing rain which can turn a reasonable snow slope to an icy nightmare within a couple of hours.
Don't know what your French (Canadian) is like but I didn't have any problems in Tremblant, the guys I worked with said that the nearer you got to Quebec City the worse it was.
Have fun.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gonna check out St Bruno for some night skiing as it's close by to Montreal but it looks like a &%£$ easy bunch of slopes Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy