Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chaos @ Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
thanks Shimmy Alcott, , fingers crossed and lets hope those caught up in it get sorted out ! I love flying -I hope it was you OH doing the driving !!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunk, have you heard anything about your bags yet ? We were told by our tour operator they would phone us when they had any news, as expected haven't heard anything yet. Not so bothered about the clothes (yet), but it's all the chargers for phones, cameras, laptops etc
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I flew out of Geneva on Tuesday evening. I saw my skis on the luggage truck parked outside the plane as I was boarding (the case is heard to miss with a yellow ribbon attached). I arrived at London City airport but my skis didn't Confused Can't understand how my skis, which were near the top of the pile on the flatbed, got within sniffing distance of the cargo hold but didn't make it in...

The airline confirmed this morning that, apparently, my skis are with a courier service and will be delivered to my office today. I wait with baited breathe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our daughter and BF flew out of Geneva around 6.15 Tuesday evening, BA to Gatwick, arriving before Gatwick closed. They were lucky and their luggage arrived ok. Friends of theirs who flew to London City on Saturday were hugely delayed and then arrived with one bag missing - I have yet to hear if the bag has made it to Cirencester yet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any more update? I fly to Geneva sat morning, do we think everything will be back running smoothly or we expecting delays still?? ( Weather permitting obviously) Any info would be good! Cheers Puzzled Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I came through GVA today, flying with BA from Heathrow. No problems at all. No queues at immigration and the baggage came out in good time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, good news, thanks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doss, No sign of bags yet... Evil or Very Mad

All that is in my bag is all my very smelly ski gear and my ski bag.
Keep all chargers etc, in hand luggage to keeep weight down. wink

I'm off again next Friday so I do hope it arrives this weekend like they said on the helpline. 0844 375 4262 but has not been updated since Tues... Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dunk, no sign of my skis yet either.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I tried flying out of GVA into LGW last night with no joy due to the rash of easyJet cancelllations ... but the airport didn't seem to be in too much chaos. When I flew in on Tuesday afternoon there were trolleys heaving with bags all around the luggage reclaim area, if they haven't got all of those cleared by the time the weekend hits there willbe probs ....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ctskifam wrote:
... there were trolleys heaving with bags all around the luggage reclaim area, if they haven't got all of those cleared by the time the weekend hits there willbe probs ....

Still quite a few trolleys in the baggage reclaim area yesterday, but not so many that they were getting in the way of arriving passengers get to the carousels to retrieve their luggage.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Partial baggage handlers strike at Geneva might explain some of the problems at Gatwick.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, thanks and oh dear Sad I might try to squeeze a spare set of clothes in my hand luggage - do you think they'd allow my skis as hand luggage? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Ski's as hand luggage Shocked You may not get away with that but I might Laughing

Thank goodness I am going via Chambery (fingers crossed smiley)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
it seems very patchy. we picked up a visitor on Wednesday, on one of the few flights which was coming from the UK, and he was out about 35 minutes after touch down, with no problems - though he didn't have any skis. Easyjet flight.
ski holidays
cathy, my brain's hurting with trying to decide how to spread my luggage between hold bags and hand luggage! I had more or less decided to do my usual of boots in main case with No 1 ski outfit (no comment, please wink) and spare ski outfit in ski bag. Am now thinking that I might have spare ski outfit partly in hand luggage and partly (ski pants) on my person! Decisions, decisions. I'm running out of energy before I've even started. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Hurtle, Laughing I'm leaving that until tomorrow morning to figure out. But I will take a bit larger rucksack than normal - and see what I can cram in Toofy Grin How are you getting to Heathrow, are you going there in the morning or evening before?
snow report
cathy, in the morning, by taxi. Check-in time for me is relatively civilised - 0620 rolling eyes - and unless there's a blizzard (which isn't forecast) it shouldn't be a problematic drive.
snow conditions
Hurtle, good luck! I'll probably be turning up sometime during the week Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy, and you! I'm very much hoping we'll all meet up on Sunday. At least we won't be suffering alone at the airports. You'll presumably meet Jackie at some point and Swee Lay has my mobile number.
ski holidays
Indeedy! And Linds will be keeping me company at Gatwick as well. I think Anne is going from Birmingham but she was out in Morzine for a few days beforehand - I don't know if she is coming back inbetween or going straight there. See you there! snowHead
snow report
cathy, Hurtle, linds, hope you all make it out there and have a great holiday. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w, thanks!
snow conditions
rob@rar,
Quote:

might explain some of the problems at Gatwick.

Hi Rob, Tim from Wimbledon ( Hemel 18th Dec 'wide' stance - let's not discuss now) when is the dispute due to end. We go on early on the 14th and am trying to get a sense of the likely delay

Thanks

snow conditions
My skis took 10 days to get home from Geneva when I travelled just before Christmas, the rest of the luggage arrived within 7 days.

My ski bag had the tags ripped off in the big pile, only reason we got it back was A4 sheet with my name and contact details printed and on disply next to zip opening.

Top tip - tag your bags on the inside as well so when they start trying to ident the bags they are on to a winner. The girl that phoned who was tracking down owners of lost bags was very gratefull that it made her job easy and we got our bag back
ski holidays
Dek, thanks for the tip! I hope your skis were in a decent state. Shocked
ski holidays
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/index/Geneva_airport_strike_set_to_continue.html?cid=8038696
snow report
Dek wrote:
My skis took 10 days to get home from Geneva
Shocked
Gsus, that doesn't fill me with much hope. Daily calls to Air France (who, for some reason, are handling my lost skis although I flew with Baboo) result in assurances that my skis are in London and currently with a courier company. Said courier must be taking them on a tour of the city - I expect to see them riding one of the open-topped London tour buses, taking in the sights...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh blimey, not only do we have to plan a packing strategy on the way out, there will probably have to be another strategy - what items can I do without for a long time, or for ever? - on the way back. rolling eyes
snow report
cathy, Hurtle, Linds, Have a wonderful trip ..

make sure you keep an eye on Linds. I hear the snow may be 35 cm deep but at least she qualifies for hand luggage dimensions when you come back so no need to pack Toofy Grin
latest report
Agenterre, thanks! Just at the moment, I feel like spending the next week under my duvet, but no doubt the feeling will pass once I clip into my skis. (cathy and I are both going to Courchevel, Linds I think to LDA - where easiski will hopefully make sure that she doesn't disappear from view!)
snow report
I'm in Crans at the moment and repercussions of baggage handlers strike are still newsworthy blog items in Switzerland. I heard that Geneva airport was shut today for 6 hours due to snow - first time that they have been shut for so long for many years apparently. Sadly we only got 2 inches, but conditions are excellent on piste!
latest report
Yes, Geneva airport was closed yesterday for 6 hours and it was chaotic. Our flight should have taken off at 1.20pm but we were delayed by 3 hours. Not bad in the long run as there were plenty of other flights that got cancelled. The check-in area was full of people but we got lucky and managed to check-in with little trouble as the really, really long queue was for BA customer services. Once we'd checked in we headed upstairs and people were sitting or lying down anywhere they could find a space. Apparently it was the first time in 25 years that the airport had been closed for that long.
snow report
Quote:

Apparently it was the first time in 25 years that the airport had been closed for that long.

some spokesman somewhere said that, but I don't think it's true. Or if so, the closure a few years ago was only a minute or two shorter!
ski holidays
Doss, any sign of your bags Yet?

I have still not got either my skis or bag, the skis are apparently with a courier awaiting delivery, my other bag with boots and clothes has not been located yet.
Twisted Evil
Going skiing for 2 weeks this Saturday, with nothing!
My insurance does not cover delays on return flights, only if they are lost.

THOMSONFLY, are expensive to contact,0871 number, wait for up to 40 minutes to speak to someone and do not give very good imformation. I have begged to be told where skis are so I can collect them but have been told it is not policy to disclose details. Puzzled

Thomsonfly, never again.
ski holidays
Dunk, I feel your pain. I still don't have my skis. Airline now says that there is a backlog of three to four weeks because the courier company has not been able to make deliveries due to adverse weather conditions in the UK. The airline also said that they have been having difficulty contacting said courier company - apparently they seldom answer their phone. I too, am not allowed to know which courier has been contracted to deliver my skis, nor can I be given the job reference number to follow up with them rolling eyes
snow report
Dunk, no nothing yet. Phoned the 10p a minute Thomson number on Tuesday and including holding to speak to someone spent 25 mins on the phone. The lady said a courier will contact me in the next 2 days to arrange delivery, guess what, still no phone call. She did also say around 200 items of luggage were still in Geneva awaiting collection. Still none the wiser.

I phoned my insurance company (Direct Travel) to ask them how long I have to wait until I can claim for things like laptop chargers so I can use my laptop again. They said they would a) pay nothing out until I get a letter from the airline saying the bag has been declaired lost & b) they wont pay me to replaice items as such, but only a percenatge of the value of the item when it was new. So thay may give me £5 or £10 towards a replacement charger which looks like costing about £30. After at least 5 years I think they have had the last policy out of me, I'll be shppoing around and checking details of policies next year.
ski holidays
Doss, Have you tried any of the geographic numbers for Thomson listed here

http://www.saynoto0870.com
ski holidays
cad99uk, didn't know about that site, thanks. Didn't match any number though.
latest report
Doss, What about:

Thomson Fly 0871 231 4787 024 7628 2828 This is a switchboard number, once connected ask to be transferred to Thomson Fly

or

Thomson Fly 0870 787 6689 01582 428097 Lost baggage
p/o TUI UK
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy