Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chaos @ Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Baggage handlers industrial inaction. rolling eyes

At the charter shack, one trolley per plane turned up about every 20 minutes to be put on a random conveyor. About 2 hours in total at the airport.

Quiz bonus point. Which film does this (approximate) quote come from:

Quote:
Edwardian aristocrat: Who do I really hate?

Wife: The Swiss?

Anyway, Megève is looking gorgeous!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swiss Family Robinson?
The Eiger Sanction?
Carry on Baggage Handling?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Titanic?
The Guns of Navarone?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, you timed that just right. A sea of mud last week!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only 2 hours at Geneva is a luxury. I've queued longer than that for car hire.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Airplane?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This has been said on previous threads, Baggage handling at Geneva at weekends has always been slow!

Remember someone saying they thought GVA was good! Only good if you dont carry bags with you!!

Anywaylaundryman, we are all envious of you! Have fun.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, cheers. snowHead

Definitely a go-slow or working to rule or something today. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, no big deal now!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I SO recognize that film quote as well, you git. Aargh!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fly BA to Nice ... oh I am so enjoying this ! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I picked up people at Geneva on 19th December (Saturday before Christmas). It was hugely crowded but the bags came through pretty quickly - but that wasn't in the charter terminal. Never been there! I generally refuse to go near any of the airports on a Saturday but that was a special occasion and Saturday travel had been unavoidable. Average time from touch down to people coming out is about 35/40 minutes - less on quiet days. Better than Heathrow, that's for sure.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman, just got back from Megeve, but luggage and skis are still in Geneva, flew on the Tompsom charter, they never put any luggage on..........
Enjoy Megeve, last week was very variable conditions, but lots of new snow fell last couple of days for you to enjoy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dunk, Dear Dear .... I am so enjoying saying :

FLY BA Toofy Grin

pam w, Try Terminal 5 .... so much better than the days of Tridents !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulio, it's The Missionary. Smile
ski holidays
We came home through Geneva today, the wife is quite happy as she now has no washing to do !! Who knows if we will ever see the luggage agian. All in all a bad experience, the check-in hall was crowded and everyone was forced to go through one set of double doors. Then our flight was delayed by around 2 1/2 hours as the plane coming out had to turn back and land to have a faulty gauge replaced. They then got us on the plane and said we would take off in about 1 hour 45 mins but they did reduce that to around 1/2 hour.
snow report
Doss, Name that airline Shocked
latest report
Doss, P L E A S E say BA Laughing
snow report
It was a Thomson flight, but to be fair they wasn't the problem, the time delay was caused by a fault on the plane. The chaos in the airport was down to the Swiss baggage handlers.
ski holidays
Michelle, DAMN !!!

Doss, What Swiss inefficiency and incompetence .. the Wengen Warlords will cast their wrath on you wink
snow report
Agenterre, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Agenterre, I would fly BA,
but then I would have to pay for the flight.........
But would have the pleasure of using T5......and get my luggage home with me Shocked
Second time in two years that I have not got luggage home, this time baggage handlers strike, last time pilot did not want to miss his slot so moved off stand before all luggage loaded, I could see my bag on a trolley outside the plane. Sad
Both Thompson flights.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 2-01-10 23:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Agenterre, we will see how efficient they are if my bags find there way back to my front door, as promised wink
snow report
Dunk, I should apologise .. Dame Michelle, and I are joshing .. no real issues !!

Free Fights are good ! ( Taking off and Arriving close to when scheduled are even better !!) snowHead
ski holidays
Dame Michelle Shocked
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
OMG
Easyjet check in was in chaos this evening. Even at about 8.30pm the que stretched the whole length of the check in hall.
We arrived at 6pm for the 8pm flight to Edinburgh. Finaly boarded the plane at about 11pm, landed at 12.30am Big Wink and after digging the car out of the snow (the 2nd time I had to dig a car out of snow today!) eventualy fell in the front door at around 2am. To be fair to Easyjet, the chaos was caused by the baggage strike and the 3+hr delay was due to Easyjet's policy of waiting for the bags all day, so at least our bags arrived with us, unlike Thomson and others who left the bags.
Felt sorry for the 9.20 Newcastle passengers who had their flight cancelled at about 9.30. As our flight was delayed, a few managed to get on the Edinburgh one. Scenes of frantic phone calls trying to persuade car hire desks in Edinburgh to stay open past midnight. Hope they get home safe.
snow conditions
Armageddon?
snow report
Oh I do hope this dispute is over in 312hrs time Sad Sad (not that I'm counting down the hours or anything)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know if this was one-day industrial action or on-going? Expect I can find out from airport direct but just thought worth asking on here.

We have family flying back on Tuesday - BA - we can hang onto a lot of their luggage and bring back in the car if necessary at the end of January
snow report
This is the only news item I can find on the strike, but our radio car is on the way to Geneva Airport right now:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ijR1XOtcvOExZNQ5lPDYnKZbS5Zw
snow conditions
kevindonkleywood wrote:
Oh I do hope this dispute is over in 312hrs time Sad Sad (not that I'm counting down the hours or anything)

Only 168 hrs for me.......and I'm not a sad case for counting either!!!
snow report
All running very well this morning (or rather it was)....... taking less than half an hour to get through and flights arriving a little early!!

Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
.........but our radio car is on the way to Geneva Airport right now:

WOW beaten the radio car to the report!! Very Happy
snow report
marcellus, drive safe in all the "chaos".
latest report
All the luggage on arrivals was being taken off the planes and processed, it was only the outbound flights that were being affected.
ski holidays
still no luggage from the Monarch flight on Saturday morning. Lucky I don't need my ski gear for work tomorrow Very Happy . GF is moaning about lack of hair straightners though!
latest report
Agenterre, not true teh Wengen warlords know where they're well off and always try to fly into and out of Bern, Geneva's a minimum 4 hour train journey away
snow report
OMG , I've always flown to geneva with easyjet and no real problems with baggage etc.... however flying next saturday on a thomson charter (though booked with Inghams) anf now cacking myself as lots of bad press on snowheads forum about thomson flights and baggage issues (ski boots not part of ski carraige but part of main allowance, skis not put on the plane) and now this ........I was praying for best snow ever now just praying me and my gear get there at all !!!!!!
snow report
easyjet inbound from bournemouth cancelled due to the delay out of Geneva, bug Evil or Very Mad
snow report
jennycook, I think a lot of the problems have stemmed from the British bad weather and then the knocking on effect of all of that (working hours for pilots being delayed/diverted, planes in the wrong places etc. By the time you go I'm thinking the situation will be well improved. Piece of good news, the lost boots from our flight were delivered to us in resort on Thursday and I also left a rucksack on the bus to the Longstay carpark on our return (I dont like flying so safe to say I was a wee bit piddled) and it was handed in (along with daughters brand new DSi), phew!
snow report
Today Geneva was running better, some stuff came through really quickly but then other bits delayed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy