Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor training.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
long time no post for me, been watching over things a little recently but it's been breaking my heart as I'm not getting away for yet another season, I might just make it for the eosb if all goes to plan at work but I won't be holding out my hopes!

Anyway, I'm looking for a company to do my instructor training with next season and will be committing the whole season to some skiing.

Anyone have any reccomendations? I don't want to spend the earth, but don't mind spending alot for the right thing, I want to know it will get me somewhere.

I already have formal coaching experience in cycling with british cycling so have a good understanding of the basic principles already.

Cheers in advance,
George
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snoworks run a pre-season gap course in Tignes. Get BASI L1 and L2 done by Christmas, then get some teaching done in Switzerland for the rest of the season. Seems cheaper than other gap courses as it's shorter and most of the accommodation is during the cheaper part of the year, then the opportunity to earn a bit of money and get some teaching experience January - April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Brilliant, I will definately look into that. I know Tignes well so that is a definate plus for me. Thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have also looked into australia- Falls creek do a hiring clinic every year in june.

Anyone have any experience of this??
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peak Leaders have courses in many places (inc Japan!), both long and short courses. I did my course in St Anton (Austria) for four weeks before Christmas last season. You get the Austrian Anwarter (equivalent to BASI 2) and a job sorted with the Arlberg ski school in ANton for the season. One of the best things about it is the Anwarter makes it soooooooooo easy to sort jobs in other resorts (in Austria and Switxerland anyway), I think it would be much harder to find work with BASI 2, even though in theory they are the same, I've never met anyone teaching in an Austria school with a BASI qualification. Check out my blog for more details of my experience, and a link to Peak Leaders.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for a Gap course 9 to 13 weeks
Aparently best is Rookie academy in NZ
Cheapest is Interski in Pila Italy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy