Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another World: trip report and Resort Review

Poster: A snowHead
Oops, double post. Sorry.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 3-01-10 20:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nbt, Great find, thanks! I had planned to get some DIY today and this was a far better way to spend my last day off before going back to work!

stevew, chatting to your daughter was a pleasure. Very friendly and confident for her age, a nice lass. Hope you both enjoy your holiday!

Mini Trip Report!:

Had to scrape about 6 inches of snow from my car and had to go the long way round because of a couple of the Saddleworth roads being closed. As we approached Halifax the snow had started to thin and i was a bit worried about what conditions would be like.

Arrived, parked up the car (infront of a sign that said "Please Park Prettily" which I liked), get my gear on and go for a walk to survey the facilities before handing over my hard earned crisp ten pound note. Needn't have worried - plenty of snow and plenty of smiling punters.

As described above, what you get here is 3 or 4 slopes next to each other, about 300m long, with a rope tow at either end. The slopes are not particularly steep, but each one is different and has a few bumps or jumps thrown in to add some extra flavour.

There were quite a few people there, but because of the width it never felt busy or remotely crowded.

In summary, a fantastic jaunt to waken up the ski legs. Way, way better than a snowdome and a third of the price. Definitely worth the trip up there. Would be an excellent place to take beginners, in fact I spotted a couple of people who appeared to be having their first go on skis. If i get another chance to go this winter, i might have a crack at boarding on the hire gear.

Good fun was had by all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A few of my pictures... although most are of us, not the facilities. Sorry!

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g894-skiing-in-halifax.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
magic_hat, wonderful! Thanks! I am wondering when I can sneak over Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So glad others have had fun too after our recce visit.

Oh I am sorely tempted not to do all those mundane jobs I have lined up for tomorrow and go over there again! I am working Tue-Fri, so really should do the housework, ironing, shopping, post, paperwork........ rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, You can do those chores in the evening Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, more heavy snow forecast for the coming week or so... At least i think i read that somewhere earlier. If so, next weekend should be good !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magic_hat, I have commitments in the diary for the weekend already that I probably can't get out of Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt wrote:
andy smith, If you want to use any of those photos please feel free, let me know if you want bigger versions but what's up there should be fine for a website

Andy Smith Same goes for mine at http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/hlp5040/AnotherWorld#
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Definatley going to have a visit next weekend if the weather predicted happens, looks like a good day out, and a chance to do some jibbin' wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to everyone that came up to Another World today, hope you enjoyed your visit, we really enjoyed seeing so many people out on our slopes having what looked to be a ball. We really enjoy what we have here and we enjoy seeing smiling faces and the banter that goes with it. hope to see you all soon. Cheers, Andy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy smith, so tell us... have you plenty more fresh snow?? What are the roads like up from the M62? I am hoping to come over on Sunday, tho it isn't certain at present. Anyone else minded to do the same?

In the menu on your website, under the "pictures/check them out" link, you have "send us yours" but it isn't a link. You don't have an email address either, so people can't send pics to you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snobunni mentioned going there at the weekend which would be fun. I daresay it will be busy though and I will have to acquire some poles from somewhere (do they have them there?).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly wrote:

In the menu on your website, under the "pictures/check them out" link, you have "send us yours" but it isn't a link. You don't have an email address either, so people can't send pics to you.

I see no "pictures" link?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was thinking about heading up at the weekend.. my boarding is at "just about linking my turns" stage. Reckon that the slopes up there are ideal for someone to spend a few hours on their own with a board trying to get the hang of it all!
snow report
queen bodecia, yes they have poles. I don't think it ever gets very busy.
nbt, it's on the mountainboarding page on the right hand side.
magic_hat, definitely

My concern is getting there and back if the roads are bad - maybe I could meet up with a 4wd crew somewhere if it works out Very Happy
ski holidays
Depending on conditions, I may be tempted to pay a visit at the weekend. I had enough of "non lift served" skiing today, and would enjoy the luxury of an uplift!
snow conditions
We might be on for it too especially if we are all fully winterised by then Laughing Keep posting your plans!
latest report
Sounds good! I am supposed to be doing something in Clay Cross, Derbyshire on Sat - hoping for enough snow to cause that to be cancelled, but little enough that I could meet up with a winterised snowhead and get to Halifax!! Sunday afternoon I am free for definite though.
latest report
Butterfly, I live about 15 mins from Clay Cross. The main roads round here are all gritted and free-flowing. The side roads and country lanes are tricky, but I've been managing OK in my little Citroen with normal tyres. The bulk of the snow was yesterday, about 8 inches, with just a few further flurries today (and as I type!). If the situation is the same by the weekend, I wouldn't expect anything to be cancelled, unless it takes place outside (and doesn't involve snow!). It was certainly business as usual for me today but I think a lot of people have wagged off work as the roads were empty.
ski holidays
If you're after an easy route in then - M606 to Bradford, drop into Bradford centre, probably down Manchester road, follow signs for Thornton up guess what Thornton Road, follow that all the way through Thornton village, past the closed Imperial Chinese Restaurant, when the road ends and comes to a T junction turn left and you're there, all fairly major roads and no bends or other significant hazards! Hope this helps.
snow report
Ey up everyone conditions at Another World have been, and still are, quite incredable. We have had 3 fresh falls of snow in the last few days which have just added to the already brilliant skiing, Everyone has said they're having a ball, hope to see you, Andy
snow conditions
andy smith, how are the roads?
ski holidays
all roads are fine
snow report
Awesome. That's my weekend sorted hopefully. Saturday, housewarming curry at friend's house. Sunday, making an back bottom of myself trying to get a handle on the weird and wonderful workings of a snowboard!!

andy smith, Do you have boots and a board for hire that would be suitable for someone 5foot7 with size 6.5-7 feet?
snow conditions
andy smith, excellent! Hope to get up there sometime then snowHead
snow report
So who's going this weekend and when?
ski holidays
Butterfly, I will get in touch with snobunni and find out. We did have a text conversation about it earlier in the week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, I'm now free tomorrow Very Happy (Sunday has strong wind forecast with drifting potential).
ski holidays
Butterfly wrote:
queen bodecia, I'm now free tomorrow Very Happy (Sunday has strong wind forecast with drifting potential).

We can't do tomorrow so if we do go it would be sunday, but I have just seen that same weather forecast for sunday Sad I am not optimistic now that we will get there at all.
latest report
There's about half a dozen member of the SouthManchesterMassive going across early doors tomorrow. Come tooled up.
snow conditions
I'm off there tomorrow too with a few mates...
ski holidays
My lads footy is cancelled, so hope to be there too.

Easy to spot too;

snow conditions
andy smith,

How deep is the base now? Sounds class!!
latest report
Snobunni has twisted my arm (didn't take much twisting!) to get up bright and early and be there in the morning. So might see some of yas there!
latest report
Hi guys, it's a nice day here in Halifax today. Very slight wind at resort level, but possibly stronger at the top of the hill.

Minimal snow showers overnight and first thing this morning, blue sky is visible and the sun is starting to break through.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, unfortunately at work tidying up before flying out tomorrow morning so have a great time - I can just about see the place from my office window now that the gasometers are down, although it (the resort) is more facing Halifax direction. Looks like good snow cover from here!
latest report
stevew, where are you? You can't really be in Bradford.
snow conditions
Yes, our offices are in Laisterdyke on the top of the hill at other side of the "Bradford Bowl". I'm 3 storeys up and so get an excellent view over our wonderful city, especially when it's like this, when I get back home I'll post a picture in the media zone if I can remember how!
snow report
Nice conditions today but quit long queues for the lifts, especially when one of the ropes gave way around 2pm rendering the tow "hors service"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy