Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what is a lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
my mates are ripping it out off me-they say i have to by a lift pass but ive payed the readies allreday-700 biggys. what is a lift pass and why do i neeed one.?$ howmuch is liftpass?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As joke posts go, that one really wasn't very good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, sockpuppets aren't what they used to be.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
savaloy joy, skins are cheaper, skin up and enjoy the rush for free.... wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
so u is the big man skiier who knows it all-i aint beeen skieing so would like you help not dissing. you too cool to help?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah, skin up man. u skin up much?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Everything you could want to know about ski lifts, and probably a few things you don't really care about as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_lift
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why a cool kid like you would want these old geeze's "help" is entirely beyond me. rolling eyes

I thought you got it all figure out you aren't going to do any "dry skiing". So the advice to get some skin without needing lift pass is right on.Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
man is you clever boy abc. u goto univesitee?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's when you get the glad eye off a bit of totty on a lift. Trouble is with the unisex clobber you could be in for a disappointment, make sure he\she\it buys you a drink first.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Worst spoof poster of the year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But lots of folks feeding the trolls!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"my mates are ripping it out off me" dey ought rip your dumb head. You be stupid. You need a list pass to get de ski sticks. Dem youse kan ride the chair. Toofy Grin
snow report
It's not a troll if the participants are having fun.
latest report
what is atroll? r u a hobit? i ask queshtun for help not 4 rip outta me. u going to soldin-the punani will help u man.
ski holidays
savaloy joy, OK, I'm a nice person, sod it if you are a troll I'll bite.

Wot you need to know is that this skiing lark def. don't come cheap!!

Your 700 big ones are probably just the cost of the accommodation. If your group is buying an 'all in' deal it MAY also include a lift pass and hire of skis, and boots, but I would imagine that you will need to spring for the costs of these on top of your accomm. costs. The hire of skis and boots for 7 days can easily add £130 to the bill and you might find a lift pass works out at £25-£30 per day if you are in a big resort area. Without the pass you won't be able to ride 99% of the lifts (chairs, pomas (buttons), T bars, cable cars, gondola lifts etc) in the area. I must admit you don't sound the type yet to be donning free heels and skins for your skis which will enable to slide up the slopes on foot.

For example I am going as part of a 2+2 family to Les Arcs later on this year and the cost of our lift pass between us is more than the cost of our accommodation!! Dig deep in your pockets and have a great time.
ski holidays
savaloy joy wrote:
my mates are ripping it out off me-they say i have to by a lift pass but ive payed the readies allreday-700 biggys. what is a lift pass and why do i neeed one.?$ howmuch is liftpass?

I've seen countless ski journalists obtain complimentary liftpasses. Have you thought of applying your obvious writing talents to one of Britain's leading ski publications?
snow report
agood idea ernest-who i speak too for the free pass an punani?
latest report
Please don't ask for punani. Alpine villages have conservative attitudes
ski holidays
Punani is that Italian bread isn't it. They might not have that in Austria.
snow conditions
savaloy joy, The other thing to not forget is Winter sports insurance - another big cost item, but don't what ever you do go without it. You will also be offered carre neige on your ski lift pass - about another £2-3 per day - take it or else you won't get a helicopter ride out of the system should you need one
snow report
sorry savaloy joy, would love to help but I don't understand a word you are saying, any chance of speaking english? Shocked
snow conditions
megamum and the sav.............she is nice lady!
snow report
Don't need a lift pass! Just don't use the damn thing. There are people like walking up the slope.
snow conditions
Thinkin.. man u gonna need some local lingo for pullin! Austria is it? Hmm not so hot here with their slant on the old Deutsch, but I can give some pointers based on what gives in Germany! Sure others can help....

When you get to the bar if you think it's a bit hot, tell her and ask if she thinks you should take your coats off.
Ich bin heiss liebchen; sollen wir unsere Kleider abnehmen?

After a good night, over breakfast, ask if she's had enough to eat
Bist du voll mein Schatz?

If you fall out, you may want to offer her a little present to sweeten her
Ich habe Gift fur dich
snow conditions
savaloy joy, you have brightened up my day just being here mate (whoever you are).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulio wrote:
Punani is that Italian bread isn't it. They might not have that in Austria.

Naw - Thats Panini. Punani has a more fishy taste, and I am fairly certain they do it in Austria. In fact, you can get it anywhere as long as you know how to ask nicely in the local lingo
ski holidays
lorenzo man-you are welcom. u seem no stress and chill the way it shuold be.
ski holidays
savaloy joy, Try www.skiclub.co.uk there's better info over there.
latest report
savaloy joy, Dem Austrian bitches like doin it in cellas. Make dem call you daddy.
snow conditions
Scarpa, Laughing I've really got to meet you some day.
snow report
Man let me tell you da score. Da lift pass is like skiers bling innit. Youz could walk up an dawwn da hill but youz luk a prat innit. Nuthin but goat walk ups hills ya no waht im sayin.

Youz goes to shops in your hood and youz drive da blinged up motor, proper pimped respect!

You out on them ski sticks and u gotta have right bling.

Get 3 or 4 dem lift pass tings and punnani round you like youz at home in da beemer.

Get it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy