Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you landed in Geneva and had two days to go skiing...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, help needed please. I've flights booked for 25th Jan to 28th Jan into Geneva. I arrive at 4pm on 25th and leave lunchtime on 28th. I therefore have 2 solid days in which to try my new snowboard.

Where to go then? I'll hire a car and would be happy to drive pretty much anywhere within 100 miles, which is a big area. Previously in Austria I've stayed on a main road, and driven to Zell/Kaprun/Hinterglemm and it's all been easy. No need to stay in a resort and no problems with parking or road conditions.

When I've been to France, and done Courcheval & Meribel, a car would have been pointless. I want to do it the Austria way if possible.

So, with a car at my disposal, what might be a good place to stay so that I can drive to one resort on each of my two days? Cost, fortunately, isn't an issue. I just want to drive there on 25th, pick up a ski pass, and drive to the ski lifts on 26th. Same next day but going to a different resort.

Suggestions and help much appreciated.

Oh, if anyone has a place at an apartment for a couple of days, or fancies showing a 46 year old bloke how to fall off of a snowboard and then join me for a few bevvies, that would be fine too.

Cheers
Steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do 2 days in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
budfox, La Clusaz or Grand Massif
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alternatively, stay in Morzine. Do one day on the Morzine / Les Gets side and the other day on the Avoriaz side.

PM dallypaul who does B&B on a per night basis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
totally agree with FlyingStantoni, been 4 times still not covered 75% of skiing so i would spend the 2 days here and base yourself in morzine. This means you can ski avoriaz side 1 day, then the morzine side the other day, geneva to morzine in good traffic and weather 1hr 15min means longer skiing less driving. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool, thanks to both of you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
budfox, might worth staying flexible till you see what the weather's doing. Snow cover in lower areas is not good at the moment and will get worse in the heavy rain forecast for the next few days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
budfox, with the grand massif you have the choice of going high in flaine, if its poor lower down, also if it closes in you can ski through the trees above Morillion.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 28-12-09 17:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Flaine area is probably the closest reliable snow, and there's a good choice of places to stay (Samoens, La Clusaz, Morrillon, Flaine). All of them an hour or less from Geneva.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flaine's not as high as that - OK, the very top bit is fairly high, but you can't just mooch around up there and most of the area is not that high. By the looks of it, it'll be pouring with rain in Flaine all night tonight - as it will here. Will wash away all the nice snow which has fallen in the last 3 hours Crying or Very sad

The closest reliable snow to Geneva is probably the Grand Montets in Chamonix.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Champery, quick whip around the lake and up the hill. Or even better just jump ona train in the airport and travel straight up to resort with one quick change!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy