Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift passes. How much?

Poster: A snowHead
I live near Guzet in the Pyrenees.It's a small station that caters for just French clients and the odd Brit.I have just paid €280 for my pass for the season(until mid March all being well)The locals complain that it is expensive but I don't.So,my question is,how much do you pay in the Alps or wear ever you ski
Today was my first lesson,by God it's good fun.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smifffymoto, Just paid with owners discount 1025 Euro for 7 days Paradski for 2 adults and 3 kids. Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Espace Killy is 218 Euros for 6 days I think. Must get the Mrs a job Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Wow they give you 34 euro discount on a family of 5 for being an owner Shocked

smifffymoto, We're paying £38 a day to ski any of the resorts were heading to in Utah Toofy Grin Pricey I know but unfortunately with this type of trip no option. We have had some cracking deals before on lift passes so cant complain Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
is it me or have weekly ski passes in europe gone through the roof the past 2 years ?

maybe i shoudl be typing this reply on the "you know you are getting old when ..." thread
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sev112, the price hasn't changed very much (they do go up a bit each year in the € price, but not a stupid amount), it is just that the exchange rate means the effective price to us Brits has risen significantly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just paid £314 (with a small discount) for 6 day passes for my 14 year old daughter and me for Laax for half term.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cairngorm season pass was ~£215 paid early with a discount for being a member of a SSC affiliated club. I've had 5 days already and purchased day tickets for friends with a 20% discount plus 10% off on catering - very good value.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reading those prices I realise how inexpensive Guzet is.Even better was the kids price.They get a discount from the commune so all we paid for them was €80 each for the season
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bones, 7 days wink, though the discount is still shoite. Good for the season pass but we aren't going enough to justify Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just paid my 90€ for my season pass at Sainte Foy. Being an official local rocks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, agreed entirely - season pass discount - worth going for if you are skiing 3+ weeks, otherwise, you me and all owners and punters pay significant sums.

OTOH that's quite a lot of Euros for the Vanoise (20 mil) they've got to make back somehow, and I bet the new Arpette wasn't free.
Piste bashers come in at around about 100 grand a pop, and not exactly fuel efficient mileage on one of those babies either, plus of course the electricity bills for running the lifts to get you to the avalanche blasted and safe-to-use slopes.

And as for those lifties and ancillary staff who sell tickets, design piste maps, check the piste marking poles are the right colour / place, put up the warning signs, ensure everyone is down safe at the end of the day, God they earn a fortune, especially those called Lizzard...

I think you get value for your money. Say you do ~10 uplifts a day - 3.5 Euros each? What price that kind of buzz and high anywhere else?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've paid £162 for 6 days for La Thuile/La Rosière. This might be good or bad depending on the exchange rate scenario.

It might seem expensive but compared to an hour in the Snowdome (£20-ish) I think it's quite good value!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JimW, No arguing there. The lift infrastructure in Paradski was one of the main reasons we chose to buy there, worth every penny, though rather a lot of pennies.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree with all of you that it is a lot of money But after talking to my ski instructor who was very passionate about
his work explained the work that the lift co do .apart from their obvious overheads such utility bills wages etc during
the summer months they are responsible for keeping the mountains shipshape ie keep clean cut the grass and thats
a lot of it ,take care of the wildlife etc so as you can see there is a lot more to it
ski holidays
Going to get stung for 385 Euro for a 6 day pass in Arinsal from 08/03/10. Two adults and a six year old- which is a bummer, if he was 5 he would be free-if only they would stop growing!!
latest report
€218.50 for 6-day adult pass in Obergurgl. But their kids pass is free up to 8 - the reason we chose that resort rather than a nearby alternative for which it's free for kids up to only 7.
ski holidays
JimW wrote:
thefatcontroller, agreed entirely - season pass discount - worth going for if you are skiing 3+ weeks, otherwise, you me and all owners and punters pay significant sums.

OTOH that's quite a lot of Euros for the Vanoise (20 mil) they've got to make back somehow, and I bet the new Arpette wasn't free.
Piste bashers come in at around about 100 grand a pop, and not exactly fuel efficient mileage on one of those babies either, plus of course the electricity bills for running the lifts to get you to the avalanche blasted and safe-to-use slopes.

And as for those lifties and ancillary staff who sell tickets, design piste maps, check the piste marking poles are the right colour / place, put up the warning signs, ensure everyone is down safe at the end of the day, God they earn a fortune, especially those called Lizzard...

I think you get value for your money. Say you do ~10 uplifts a day - 3.5 Euros each? What price that kind of buzz and high anywhere else?

Absolutely spot on. The only other thing that goes through my mind when I consider the price of a lift pass is, 'well, I ain't walking up' Laughing
ski holidays
cham is approaching e250 for the unlimited 6 dayer....

okbye
latest report
JimW - what you said - plus snowmaking.
snow conditions
I'm contemplating forking out for what is reputed as the most expensive lift pass in Europe, Zermatt-Cervinia 6-day, SFr405, approx £245 at the current lousy exchange rate. I hope it's worth it!

Should keep the riff-raff out! Toofy Grin

Hang on, what am I doing there? Laughing
ski holidays
When we got our lift passes for the 3V last year, I still had my 1999 equivalent in the boot bag. (Who was that youthful guy on the photo? Smile) Converting the FF price to Euros, the increase from 1999 to 2008 in Euros was a compound 4.5%pa. Above inflation, but takng account of the hardware involved and the increase in power costs since 1999, not at all bad.

It's very painful on a £ basis, as the xrate in early 1999 was ~10FF per £, whereas now it's the equivalent of ~7FF per £ (at 6.55FF per Euro).
snow report
Quote:

I hope it's worth it!

It is! However Zermatt does offer good child discounts (right up to 18 years) if you have any with you. If not borrow some.
snow report
Espace Diamant season passes for family bought before december 1st and with family discount.
€311 x2 for 2 x Adult
€311 x 2 for 2 x Adolescent (12 y.o)
€242 x 1 for 1 x Enfant (7 y.o)
+ €10 for 5 passes

Total €1496
snow report
scotkiwi, 311 for an adult? You must be having a very long holiday! Where/when are you off?
snow report
scotkiwi wrote:
Espace Diamant season passes for family bought before december 1st and with family discount.
€311 x2 for 2 x Adult
€311 x 2 for 2 x Adolescent (12 y.o)
€242 x 1 for 1 x Enfant (7 y.o)
+ €10 for 5 passes

Total €1496

kin ell!!!!!! Puzzled Sad Shocked
latest report
pam w, ricfrench, He said season passes.

Those look like pretty good prices to me for season passes.
snow report
We've been costing passes tonight 9 days in Les Arc's (not paradiski all week, just the one day across to the other side you get with the pass) 2 adults and 2 kids E1019 Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney,
must learn to read at some point Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
Given the first post was about a season pass I thought it would be best to compare like with like, nut it might have helped if i had bolded season.

It may also be of more value if the price could be compared with a breakeven point for days skiing v season pass, which in my case is about 11 days non consecutive skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy