Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Les Gets to Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Les Gets on the 13th of Jan for a (relatively) cheap mid-week break. The conditions in Les Gets and Morzine are looking pretty dodgy at the moment and the long term (yes, I know - forecast longer than 3 days, forget it) forecast doesn't look especially good for the lower level slopes, so I'm making backup plans!

What's the best way to get from Les Gets to Avoriaz? Presumably if the connecting pistes to Morzine are open, ski down those, cross the town and then up the Super Morzine. If they aren't, bus into Morzine and then up the Super Morzine. Are there bus services from Morzine to Avoriaz or Les Prodains?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philmes wrote:
I'm off to Les Gets on the 13th of Jan for a (relatively) cheap mid-week break. The conditions in Les Gets and Morzine are looking pretty dodgy at the moment and the long term (yes, I know - forecast longer than 3 days, forget it) forecast doesn't look especially good for the lower level slopes, so I'm making backup plans!

What's the best way to get from Les Gets to Avoriaz? Presumably if the connecting pistes to Morzine are open, ski down those, cross the town and then up the Super Morzine. If they aren't, bus into Morzine and then up the Super Morzine. Are there bus services from Morzine to Avoriaz or Les Prodains?

Ski
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing and if the doom-mongering matches reality and there's no snow on the resort runs?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philmes, bus/taxi to the Ardent gondola would be quickest...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, cool - I missed that route when scanning the piste map. If the worst case scenario was to happen, we could grab a bus from Les Gets to Montriond and then route "M" to Ardent. Thanks!

Fingers crossed there'll be some new lower-level snow though and I can enjoy a few days pootling around in Les Gets / Morzine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
philmes, good thing about that lift is that it plonks you at a very good place to access various areas of the PdeS. It gets busy though when it's raining in Les Gets - which is usually wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
might be time to take a look at the 2006/07 PdS thread. lots of stuff there about getting to Avoriaz when Les Gets turned back to grass.

Anyway - Bus to Morzine and go up Super Morzine (although it has been known to be necessary to downlift via Zore chair)
By car - Ardent, but if you see lots of minibuses going the other way, then they've left the gondola cars out overnight (again) and the lift is iced up and not running, in which case turn round and go to Super Morzine.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, red 27 / andy!

Latest GFS runs have a small snowfall to resort level on Friday followed by another load of torrential rain / snow (freezingl level 1700) and then a prolonged cold spell, so perhaps things will be ok anyway.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When we were at Les Gets in 2007 and there was no snow at the start of the week there was a free bus up to Avoriaz each morning, we had a little hire car which we filled with the skis and that followed the bus with us in it, just bought a daily pass for Avoriaz in Les Gets the night before.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would suggest a ski bus to les Pordains. It is closer than Ardent and would get you straight to the heart of Avoriaz. From the top of the Pordains Gondala you can easily ski the main area around Haut Fort and even get across to the Wall and into Switzerland. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nigeskii, but is there a bus from les gets to Prodains - right across Morzine? Not a bad idea if so but I think you would have to change buses in Morzine which would be hellish if conditions were bad and so all the buses were manic.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27, Nigeskii, pretty sure you'd need to change in Morzine. If Les Gets is totally grass then they put on a special extra bus from Mont Chery lift to Morzine afaik (but we always got free ride in chalet minibus in 2007)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When we went to Les Gets last easter we found that the best way to Avoriaz was to get the lift out of Les Gets, ski down to the centre of Morzine and get the free bus from Morzine to the Les Prodains cable car (bus stop is a short walk from bottom of Morzine slopes).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
philmes, philmes, it's been dumping (snow) and forecast cold for the foreseeable. Ski. Walk across from bottom of Pleney to Super Morzine. If you even still want to go to Avoriaz.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Ski. Walk across from bottom of Pleney to Super Morzine.

Or take the (free) cute little land train! NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy