Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tahoe lift pass advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trip to Tahoe is booked for 20-29 Jan. Staying in resort at Squaw Valley. snowHead
We are spending our last day in San Fran so that gives us 8 days on the snow.

What sort of lift pass should we go for?

- the 6 days out of 8 squaw pass ($389)? i.e. spend most of our trip in squaw with two days elsewhere?

or

- buy passes on an individual daily basis? could be $$$ but will give us the most flexibility to explore other resorts and there might be last minute deals on passes in some resorts?

or

- the ski tahoe north interchangeable lift ticket? ($462)

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hd, With you staying at Squaw, if you bought the interchangable lift pass, you have the choice to ski other mountains.

Alpine Meadows is next door, Homewood is down the road, Sugar Bowl isnt far away, neither is Northstar or Mt. Rose. Seems a shame not to take advantage of other mountains while in the area. When we were there Sugar Bowl did deals on certain days, and Mt Rose was 1/2 price on a Tuesday Smile Worth checking before you go to plan your trip.

Have a Fab time, its a great area. If you feel like driving, it took us 80 mins to get to Kirkwood from Tahoe City which makes it doable if prepared to leave early. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hd, I agree with Bones, give yourself the best opportunity to mix it up. Each of the areas is small by European standards.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this will give you hours of fun working out which deals to go for

http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/deals/all.shtml
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
malcolm1 yep i'm all over that like a rash. I've signed up to their facebook page.

In spite of the advice on here I'm still thinking I might go for the Squaw multi-day pass. It's good value by USA standards ($60ish/day) and unfortunately I will be lumbered with lazy mates who have difficulty with early rises. From previous experience this has meant that if we are travelling to different resorts every day it's unlikely we are on the snow before 10.30am i.e. we miss first tracks. Whereas in Squaw we are staying right next to the lift so I can score the freshies by myself if necessary before my mates get out of bed.

The Squaw pass does still give us a couple of days elsewhere though. Alpine Meadows looks good. Where else? Regrettably Kirkwood is too far from Squaw for a day trip IMHO.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alpine Meadows is certainly worth a trip and is v close

Apart from that, the areas in close(r) proximity to Squaw are Northstar, Homewood, Sugar Bowl, Mount Rose and Diamond Peak.

My preference out of those would be Mount Rose or Sugar Bowl. In good conditions it shouldnt take long to drive to either and both will be pretty quiet midweek.

If you want to try a longer drive and if the weather is good it is not that far to Heavenly and that is bigger in terms of terrain. Personally I wasn't bowled over by Heavenly as a ski area but I am glad I did it once on our last trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Contrary to popular opinion, I prefer to spend more than a day in each resort. Typically, the first day, you're just cruising around looking lost. It's the second day you can zero in on the best bits and ENJOY! So I'd say spend the 2 extra days in Alpine Meadow.

(I'm assuming you're a proficient off-piste skier. Otherwise, the 4 days at Squaw might get boring...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy