Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes for 2 weeks - What to do and not to do...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, I have a question to all of those who have been on Tignes recently.....

I'm heading out there in a couple weeks and would be grateful of any tips, like where I should go/avoid and what slopes are a must ski. Im staying in the Le Lac area so any nightlife / good eating spots there would also be welcome!

Feel free to throw in any other 2p as well!

TVM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boogie, welcome to snowHeads! There'll be a load of Tignes regulars along to answer your questions soon!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Although Espace Killy is very large in 2 weeks you ought to be able to ski most of the pisted runs I would have thought. Loop Bar in Le Lac is well worth a visit for food and drinks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hear the alpaka lodge is a good spot for a beer and to watch some (uk) sports on tv if that's yer bag...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a lovely little restaurant down in Fornet (Val D'Isere - am assuming you'll have area lift pass). When you get to the bottom of the run into the village, you pass the chairlift station on your left, ignore the self-service cafe place and keep walking down the road - slightly downhill - for a few hundred yards. Somewhere near to the out of village sign (you know the ones, the ones with a red line through them) there's a set of steps down on your left. Just down there is the restaurant. No idea what it's called but it does lovely plats du jours and tartiflette and other lovely things.

Enjoy Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From experience don't get pi55ed on your first night without memorising where your chalet is.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monium, I stayed in Fornet a couple of years ago. Ate in that restaurant a couple of times. Would highly recommend also.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't crack your rib within half an hour of your 1st days skiing, like what I did when I went there a few years ago.
Had to go home that afthernoon, so was in France for less than 24 hrs! An expensive day trip
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monium, I think you mean go past the the cable car station, not a chair lift. The restaurant sounds like l'Aroley, see http://www.arolay.com/ , it has a very good reputation.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont go in grizzles in Val Claret, unless you are happy to pay the price of a small car for a beer! Twisted Evil.

Expect to spend lots of money eating and drinking out.
There is reasonably priced take aways / pizza shops in the main shopping area in Le Lac. #
Take speedos if you want to use the lovely swimming pool situated next to the lake in Le Lac. Its well worth a
visit after a long days skiing. You can also buy discounted multiple visit tickets to the pools and Saunas as its not that cheap either.

Have you bought the full Espace Killy Lift Pass. If you are there for 2 weeks you will need it.

There is a good beginer snow park on Tignes side.

Ensure you go up the Grand Motte Glacier on a clear day. The view is awsome. The resaurant near the top is as expensive as any other mountain restaurant but it has a massive terrace with views across the Alpes and accoss the Glacier.

I will post pictures later.

Hope you enjoy it. Im sure more info will follw as Tignes and VD are popular destinations.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 30-12-09 10:57; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B wrote:
Loop Bar in Le Lac is well worth a visit for food and drinks.

Seconded for the Loop bar, it was so good we went back for more.

There is also a bar just the other side of the road set back, near the bus drop off. that's good to.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Adrian, yes, you're right, I meant cable car Embarassed

And yes again, that does look like it Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bars:-
Lavachet:- TC's, Lav Lounge, Brasero
Le Lac:- Loop, Jam, Alpaka, Bagus
Val Claret:- Couloir

Lunch:-Braseo, Loop, Tignes Cuisine (next door to Loop)

Evening meal:-
Lavachet:- la Ferme, Brasero
le Lac:- Alpaka, Clin d'Oeil, Arbina, Bagus, Rendevous
Val Claret:- Couloir, Petit Savoyard
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy