Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone got a Spyder ski jacket?

Poster: A snowHead
Picadilly wrote:
It just looks a bit too flash for my liking and I don't like the big logo.

That's old school Spyder, the newer stuff is far more discreet. Less is More. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plenty of opinions snowpatrol, but do try not to swear, ( a sign of weakness). So is a inability to accept that people like different things. Live and let live is a pretty decent way to be. That is definately an opinion.
I do swear, but hopefully under duress, hammer on thumb etc.

To quote a bit of Harry Enfield from the past - calm down, calm down, the world is not such a bad place, and most people are decent.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
twoodwar, i'm bored of yozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

okbye
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am very concerned.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowpatrol wrote:
twoodwar, so in that case you have no opinions on anyone or anything...that to me reveals a lot character wise...you are zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....i'll tell you a few other things that annoy me....goths (w@nkers)...boys or men who dye their hair (f@ggots)...gays (they're gay)...amateur footballers and male hockey players (p00fs...play a mans game i.e. rugby)...men who go to the gym and use machines (lift ****ing freeweights you nancy)...fussy eaters...people who save...non drinkers...frigid females...people with small dogs...cat owners (get a big dog)...people in school who said they didn't revise but got straight a's...cops...eastenders...the birmingham accent...easyjet employees... i could go on and on but i wont...oh i nearly forgot...people who dont have opinions...........

okbye

Here's an opinion for you. You come across like a total tw@t
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
UKTrailmonster. I managed to resist, but you read my mind. Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
uktrailmonster, twoodwar:

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FireballXL5, my significant other has had a Spyder jacket for a year and he seems very happy with it (around 50-60 skiing days to date). It's a shell type, breathable, waterproof, lots of air vents and the right pockets for kit. I just started wearing Spyder trousers at the start of this season - I have skiied for 2.5 weeks in them so far. Thanks to my variable off-piste technique the waterproof qualities of the rear-end area have been well-tested and I can confirm that they are great.

Flashy - I don't know about that. I just want to enjoy skiing challenges wearing gear that does the job and technically, it seems to do the job.

We got ours in sample sales so I have no idea about retail price value for money. At the price we paid (£50 for my trousers, £85 for my OH's jacket) it certainly worked out way way cheaper than mountaineering brands such as Mammut.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow bob - thanks, good to know what Snow patrol looks like. Nice outfit.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sideshow_Bob, sorry it was the cat owner comment that pushed me over the edge Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wear a Spyder jacket on really cold days and it's always been great quality, warm and dry. It was a present so I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about it or me, it does the job! I ski with a good friend who kits herself and her family out in Spyder gear and she swears by the quality, she's a former Olympic skiier for Canada so she's likes to get performance and functionality from all her ski gear. Never seen anyone diss her skiing for wearing the brand wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If I see a bloke wearing a heavy Spyder jacket I automatically assume he's a Russian gangster or a

Financial Consultant from Barnsley.

Its ok he's my mate.............and he's not a snowHead so will never see this

Seriously, don't like the jackets much but they are well made. Wouldn't have a problem wearing their salopettes and they make some really nice fleeces.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My Sallopettes are Columbio bought from Blacks sale £50.
My jacket is a Moah (not the loud ones) and is great £75 from TKmaxx. Only one layer needed underneath (tresspass base)

Alternative gear is short base long base, +/- thin £7.50 tresspass fleece and Haglofs faclite jacket.

Cherrs
Bob
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Go to Aldi and get their make. The Jacket & Troosers £40ish! Bargain! Still got ours 3 seasons later and still fine. Plus, arl the bells n whistles too! Razz

Plus, if I spill me grog doon it I don't burst into tears! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Getting a bit worried by all the 'TNF is for chavs' comments - my OH bought me a new TNF jacket for Christmas, which I'd asked for because I have TNF salopettes and they perform noticeably better than my old Salomon jacket. It used to get soaked through and take ages to dry off after being in heavy snow, whereas my legs always stayed dry in the Hyvent trousers. So my reasoning was that, as Goretex insulated ski jackets are either hard to find or very expensive, TNF Hyvent seemed be the best 'own make' fabric (I also have Hyvent overtrousers for hiking, which have been great).

So does this mean I'm going to be skiing around with people like you thinking I look like a chav? This is the jacket in question (in blue) http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en/women-s-baker-delux-jacket.html
snow report
new ski addict, why worry. I have TNF pants, they don't look chavvy in the slightest. I have two jackets on the go, one Ripcurl which is in same fabric as a Spyder one, loose fitting, great for cold days, as I can fit an extra layer undereath, but hopeless to keep clean as it is white, and a Rossignol one I got from TKMAxx for 35 quid. It's lovely. I have the matching pants too, but need to lose half a stone to wear them comfortably. HUbby has Spyder jacket, weighs a ton.
ski holidays
Kel, Does this mean the likes of snowpatrol, will not associate with me when I am wearing it. Thank F*** For That
I haven't got a Spyder jacket but am thinking of selling my Arcteryx and buying one for this very reason! snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 9-01-10 21:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Corky, this may sound a strange question but has he got a son-in law who is a GP?
ski holidays
This seems an appropriate thread to drop this in but theres an offer on tomorrow on Amazon at 3pm for a spyder men's verbier jacket, that is all, thanks.

Spyder Men's Verbier Jacket - Stratos Blue/Black/Bryte Orange, Medium https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IDT4FS8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_bIiNub124XRP7?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
If you are buying Spyder (which is top-notch gr8 kit in me and my wife's and our mates' views) then you have to get it in the USA to get best value - they don't sell it at rip-off prices!!!!!!! Particularly if you happen to be there in March / towards end of season. We have all saved £100s buying stuff when out there. Also as said above totally agree that you should BEWARE EBAY AND BEWARE OF "FAKES" - caution is advised to avoid HUUUUUUGE disappointment.

At the end of the day, ski gear is a personal choice like any other clothing / clobber you might throw on - any fashion aspects are always in the eye of the beholder but "technically" Spyder is bang-on in my view...................other skiwear is avalable tho' folks!!!!

TTFN, thank Gawd snow is arriving and Happy New Year Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy