Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

innsbruck resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i have unexpectedly got a few days off, from tue march 12 so i am going to have a cheeky couple of days skiing by myself, i quite fancy the area around innsbruck, not innsbruck itself as i fancy one of the ski villages, i am an average intermediate skier, can do all the reds and blacks but not moguls, i shall be skiing for 2 days only, so my question is where should i go, it has to be within a short taxi transfer from innsbruck airport, my short list is igls, fulpmes, tulfes, mutters and gotzens, i want to stay in one place and not bus it around, after all i just want a relaxing easy couple of days, as it will probably be bed and breakfast a takeaway pizzeria or similar would be handy, so any suggestions please,
thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is good bus links to the innsbruck resort - no need for Taxi!.
Guess choices are between Axamer Lizum, Schlick & Stubai Glacier.
Websites will have all sorts of deals to fit budget.
https://www.axamer-lizum.at/en/welcome-axamer-lizum.html
https://www.stubai.at/en/ will have deals for the last 2

Seeing your bristol based - dont Easyjet only fly to Inns on Fri & Sun?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i"m flying from gatwick then return to bristol on friday
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@compostcorner, I am actually doing something similar with my wife the weekend before you- also from Bristol but just going there on Friday and back on Sunday. FWIW we have chosen Mutters, as we have found a great looking hotel, Hotel Seppl, who even collect us from the airport (but there are a few good looking B&Bs here as well). By all accounts the village is charming but the immediate skiing is quite limited. We are going to do that on the first day and then bussing to Axamer Lizum the next day. I think you need a bus to get here wherever you stay as it's on a plateau above the local villages. However, we are able to ski back from there and if the weather really screws things up, Mutters is on the tramline for easy access to Innsbruck itself (and Fulmpes for Schlick if that took our fancy for some tree skiing).
From my research, all areas close to Innsbruck are quite small in terms of kms, so may have to get on some transport if you like to vary your experience. If you are happy to ski a small area repeatedly, without getting on a bus, then I would probably go for Igls if I were you, as the village is next to the slopes and it's still nice and close to the airport/ town etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks everyone, i usually go to the mega resorts in france, so this is going to be a bit different for me, i have looked at mutters and gotzens and doing one day there and another in the axamer lizum, it looks like you can ski back from the axamer lizum to the mutters ski area,although at the moment fulpmes and the schlick 2000 is my ist choice, i dont mind skiing the same slopes for a couple of days, as i usually only ski 4 hours a day, considering its a chill out break, my day will be get out of bed about 10am, hit the slopes when the sun is shining about 11am, stop for a beer about 11.30, do a couple of runs, stop for lunch, do a couple more runs, stop for a beer, get of the mountain about 3.30ish, then have a catnap, what a perfect day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy