Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder heads - Utah, or perhaps... Japan! ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been to Utah (around Salt Lake City area) twice and love it. It's a pain to get to with no direct flights from the UK, but the unique weather system from the lake means it can have some of the best powder on the planet.

I'm still really much of a beginner on powder, but want to continue to experiment and learn (I'm on skis by the way, but don't care if I go with a mix). Pretty okay otherwise on piste (adv intermediate I'd probably class myself).

Would love to get out there Feb/March perhaps with a group or meet up with people hanging out there, or locals, reps, whatever. Unfortunately my usual gang have dropped out this year so just me. If not this year, maybe next year.

Or, a more crazy idea is to go to Japan! Supposed to be an awesome place for powder. Really wouldn't know what on earth I'm doing on my own though over there though. North America is easy to cope with, European resorts almost always cope with the English language (even if the French are miserable and rude), but dealing with Japanese language and culture is something entirely alien to me!. Limited research so far has thrown up that there are hundreds of small resorts dotted around the two main islands, with a few bigger resorts which are the "must do" areas (but split between the islands). I think a lot of travelling may be required to get a decent area for a long trip, but the logistics of such a trip is currently beyond me. I do have airmiles enough to get out there though!

Anyone got thoughts on Utah, or experience of Japan? Recommendations for the solo skier?

Quite into the photography aspect too. Though currently means an SLR in the bag and take scenic views. Do think there's some excellent potential for action stuff off piste though, but I think I need to build up my own off piste skills first Very Happy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Like you I'm fairly new to powder but hoping to improve at Winter Park/Breckenridge, Colorado, in March 2010. Going on my own, already booked flight (Denver) and car hire. Perhaps you (or anyone else) would like to meet up between 9th - 21st March. Need someone to ski off-piste with for safety reasons. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy