Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New toe straps - what's the idea?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was at the Tignes "board camp" a couple of weeks ago and tried some new bindings with the strap that goes across the front of the toes instead of over the top of the toes (I'm sure there's a technical word for it). To be honest I didn't really notice a great deal of difference control-wise so I just wondered what they're meant to do and if anyone else finds them 110% better?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use the cap straps, and they're not so much a control thing for me but a comfort thing. The ratchet pushes your foor down and back into the binding rather than clamping down over the top of the foot.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same here, switched to cap strap and they are much more comfortable for me - no more pain from the pressure on the top of the foot from traditional straps.
I love them. But they are not that new. I have Burton Mission for three seasons now. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Super-comfy, but as above, they've been around for at least 5 years.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways, Tom W, stevomcd, Thanks chaps! I'm obviously a bit behind the times on bindings as I've been using Flows for the last 3 years. With Flows the pressure is distributed more evenly over the foot so discomfort hasn't been a problem for me. Just out of interest can you just buy cap straps and fit them to old bindings or do the manufacturers tell us that we need new bindings?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
larry duff, yes you can. Friend of mine did just that - bought the burton cap-strap kit and fitted them to her old bindings (with a minor strap trimming modification to make them move freely) best to find a reseller and take your binding in and have a look - think S&R sell them for about £30
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank the lord for capstraps!!
Ive broken my toes several times kickboxing over the years, which has lead to lots of fractured bits of bone floating about, pain and swelling of the joints.
I even had an op to remove a load of fused bone, which turned out to be a waste of time, as didnt actualy give me any more mobility of the joints or realy ease the discomfort, -especially when the annual trip to mountains comes around!!
I found flows too sloppy for my aggresive riding style & the old style `over the top` strap would have me screaming in agony by the end of the day, and I would struggle to even get my boots on and off during the week! (which are incidentally need to be a tad too big for me, as i cant bend my foot into the boot)
I then discovered the Burton Capstrap and combined with my DC boots (c/w squishy pump-up ankle supports to counter any heel lift),............ MY FEET FOUND HEAVEN!!! Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As said, they pull your heel into the bottom of the high back so you need less tension on the ankle strap and the whole set up is much more comfy. Always do up the toe strap first and don't over tighten either ratchet. It takes a couple of goes to get the strap tensions right but they are a revelation in comfort once you find your best settings.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy