Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboards on Eurostar (NOT ski train)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

A group of friends and me (7 total) are going from Ashford Intl to Paris and then onto the alps. We are taking teh standard eurostar and not the ski train. Is it possible to take one board bag on the train with us?

We have heard about registering the bags but youhave to do this at St Pancras and seen as we are getting teh train in Ashford for good reason (we live in Kent) it is not convinient to go all the way to St Pancras a week beforehand just to hand them our bags and hope they'll be there in a weeks time.

Does anyone have any experience of taking snowboards or anything similar on the eurostar from Ashford (or London) to Paris?

Any advice will be very welcome as this is causing me sleepness nights. The thought of our boards being refused doesn't bear contemplating!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
klang180, welcome! Don't worry about it. I am going skiing with a normal E* and I had the same concern so I emailed them and they said that you're permitted to take two bags apart from handluggage, and one of those can be a ski bag. There is no need to register and send them as special luggage.

Quote:
Thank you for your email,

When travelling with a pair of ski’s on any Eurostar service other than the direct service to the French Alps, your ski’s will be counted as one medium sized suitcase. The luggage allowance on board Eurostar is two medium sized suitcases and one piece of hand luggage per person. Therefore, you be able to travel with one pair of ski’s and one suitcase.

If you need to take more luggage, you would need to take it as excess luggage and register it via the Eurodespatch centre. You can contact them by telephone on 08705 850 850 and register your luggage to travel on a specific train so you would be able to collect it on arrival at your destination.

Kind regards
Wayne, Eurostar.com support

Why don't you email them yourself then you will have a specific response you can print and take with you in case you meet some "jobsworth" somewhere?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done it loads of times.
Even done it with a bike bag in the summer that only just got through the xray machine.

Tux
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello Butterfly and tuxpoo thanks for both of your replies. It does seem strange that Eurostar would kill the snowsports market by restricting all those who aren't within reachable distance of distance of St Pancras to not taking their own equipment however the website is ambigoius and the staff have been very contradictory!

To answer you Butterfly, i did e-mail them hoping i could get a tailored response inw riting, however i got a standard e-mail directing me to the FAQ section, presumambly because the problems created quite a backlog. I will try again but is there any chance at all you could forward on the e-mail you recieved so that i can have that as a backup?

Tuxpoo thansk for your two cents too, i agree it seems a lot to worry about but you never know when you'll come up against a jobsworth especially at Ashford of all places!!!

ANyone else got any experiences or advice?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 29-12-09 23:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Email sent - I would now edit out your email from this thread to avoid spammers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly wrote:
Email sent - I would now edit out your email from this thread to avoid spammers.

Thank you for the e-mail Butterfly that is very useful. Thanks also for the tip i will do that now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly wrote:

Butterfly, any chance you could post more of the mail so we can cut and paste it? i.e. keep the From: line, and the Date: but delete the To: line and anything that identifies you or your booking.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy