Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st time in Europe; going to morzine; advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here in USA and some friends from London are meeting us in Morzine in 2 weeks. Its our 1st time in Europe (we are so excited). I'm a snowboarder mostly backcountry but like to hit kickers and freestyle too.

Any advice on best spots to board? I like harder runs and don't really like groomers. The area seems so big and not sure where are the best places to hit.

Where are the best spots for going out in Morzine at night?

Will be there 15/1 to 23/1 so hopefully we'll get alot of snow!!

Thanks for any advice

Reeve
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The neighboring resort Avoriaz is famous for snowboarding. You can go up there from Morzine. The two are not linked except by a special bus of about 5 to 10 minutes.

Try out the "Wall of death" (from Avoriaz to Swiss side) while you are here! Europe is the place where you can ski to another country and come back on the same day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saikee, ummm, Morzine is linked to Avoriaz via Super-Morzine - depending where you stay there's no need to take a bus.

reeve, Avoriaz has a couple of snow parks and pipes and a lot of accessible out of bounds terrain.

Be aware that there are some differences over here compared to the US in terms of piste safety. Effectively, anything (or most things) that aren't marked runs are ridden at your own risk. Avalanche control tends to be aimed at making the marked runs safe - not at allowing the resort to "open" back country areas.

The Portes du soleil in general has lots of stuff to do that isn't groomed, for a couple of things you might want a guide (e.g. the descent down into the valley de la Manche).

Evenings - Bar Boudha, Dixie Bar, Crepu all decent bars, also the Bar of the Hotel Rhodos. I'm a bit out of touch on food, if the Etale has re-opened it's good, there's a decent Japanese. Most restaurants are pretty good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lookers right of the 'Swiss wall' (La Chavanette) has some nice chutes depending on snow cover. Lookers left has some nice cliffs if your into that kind of thing.

Anything more BC and i would recommend a guide or at least read some guides on the area.

Park in Avoriaz is good but im not sure how many features will be made before your visit.

Careful out there
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy