Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

80's one piece ski suits, neon colours, ahhh!

Poster: A snowHead
Why the topic Puzzled

Coz I need one. I've been looking on E-bay and there are bad ones but I need a terrible one. Neon green, yellow and pinks, awful patterns and such like. Surely someone here has a parent with one stashed in the attic, maybe you own one yourself wink

The following is a guide, but is only moderately bad

If you've got pictures of the worst ski suit please add them to help me choose what style to go for.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This has to be a bet! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/

Enjoy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rich75, I dont know how to put a link on but check this out.

The link fairy strikes again

We bought these from C&A for our ski trips to Aviemore in 1987 - we were the dogs dangly bits ! Can I just add this is my mate who now lives in America. And I wrote dogs B0ll0ck$ above.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Second page of the submitted pictures has some truly awful examples! Sunglasses are recommended snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't want to compete with rompersuits r us, but couldn't resist these two in Tignes last week Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alan Craggs, That one is pretty bad. I saw some awful ones in Austria 3 weeks ago but alas no camera to record for others amusement Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I sold an awful 80's one on E bay at the beginning of the season. I shiver at the thought of someone actually wearing it on the slopes. I saw some classics in Tigns and Val the other week - actually think it is still very "french" to wear one - or so the french think so!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the other hand... counterpoint rant in the Apres Zone... wink [/url]
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rich75, the only way to be authentic is to grow a mullet also!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Russell, I was there one of them was in a one orange effort and looked like a traffic cone.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wish I had had a camera but the most spectacularly bad taste 1-piece that has passed my vision recently was in Montgenevre - muddling down the return slope to the village - disco yellow body with some form of other fluorescent pattern running through it
.... and i was only driving through the village when it caught my eye
... and to top it all, the wearer was a truly stunning specimen who really should have been wearing something more flattering (though as i was looking from a distance, it could have been a case of good from far, far from good Little Angel )
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alan Craggs, Can you put these pics somewhere more accesible? (Like the one at the begining of this thread,) for lazy g.... like me who dont have the time to remember passwords and re-registering!
Thanks Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62178&item=7136584260&rd=1

Is this any good to you (ends in an hour though)?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62178&item=7136373853&rd=1

Or maybe this one?
snow conditions
And another:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62178&item=7136409814&rd=1

Jacket only but still very bad taste:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=93790&item=7136825202&rd=1

And then we get to the Holy Grail of ski gear - Elho Freestyle:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39328&item=5169290058&rd=1&ssPageName=WD4V
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13048&item=6746941708&rd=1&ssPageName=WD4V
snow report
It will take many years to expunge this image from my mind from Verbier; a 6'3" , bearded, 20-stone chap skiiing in tight, purple, leather leder-hosen. Didn;t have the courage to take a photo - he looked big and *mean*.
snow conditions
I am away with my kids tomorrow for a week in the Italian Alps, I will make sure I get some pics of the the latest fluorescent trends and post em here.
snow report
boredsurfin, putting images in the threads here does have a resource impact Cool and as you're so bored, maybe a few seconds registration would help to alleviate your ennui? wink
ski holidays
Still looking for terrible Dayglo colours, lots of multi colour but where are the truly awful ones?

Pinks, yellow green and the like, they used to be the thing, have they really all been thrown away?

However Sherlock Chalets Holy Grails are genuinely bad, shame they aren't actually ski suits!
ski holidays
rich75 you're gonna have to tell us what your up to ... fancy dress, 80s reunion??? Very Happy
latest report
rich75, I saw one being worn in Serre Chevalier in January. They all seem to be worn by large Italians.
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, Good point, well made, tried it, didnt work,
latest report
rich75, Mrs Bungle saw this and thought you might like it although it is a two piece. Only an hour left so be quick and its already up to £21 Razz
snow conditions
boredsurfin, you mean registration or boredom alleviation? Laughing
snow report
Oh dear god. Surely the lurid colours/patterns cause one's lift pass to malfunction?
snow report
Bungle, Someone is going to wear THAT Shocked Shocked Shocked
I have heard a rumour that there's a worldwide boarder ÜberGaper comp going on.
latest report
Bungle wrote:
rich75, Mrs Bungle saw this and thought you might like it although it is a two piece. Only an hour left so be quick and its already up to £21 Razz

Bungle what can I say, that is tragic, it is almost as bad as what I am looking for, but I really want neon... Madeye-Smiley

Why do I want one you keep asking?

Going to Meribel on the 19th again, just got back a couple of weeks ago, going with a load of uni mates and the challenge is to see who can turn up with the worst one piece. If you are there that week you may well see us about. Though how many days we plan to use them instead of our regular gear I don't know. We may also look for some further items to compliment the suits.

There will be photos and I will post them. The best part is not knowing just how bad everyone elses are gonna be Cool

Gonna need a week off afterwards to recover...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh and I'm 6ft / 11.5 stone if anyones got one that might fit me!
snow conditions
rich75, how about this?
ski holidays
Oooh and just 99p at the moment, tempting!!
latest report
rich75, it's got your name written all over it. Ok actually it doesn't, it has "ski" and campri written all over it in big luminous letters.

I've always fancied getting hold of one myself, and then turning up one day to ski in it, and seeing if my friends will still admit to knowing me? Laughing
snow report
oh yeah, here we go snowHead snowHead snowHead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62178&item=7138447515&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62178&item=7138497677&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62178&item=7138313353&rd=1

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 1-03-05 0:38; edited 2 times in total
snow report
rich75, I'm sorry - didn't read the requirement properly! - its a pity as the final price was £21 and strangely enough the description included the words "never worn", it was extra large as well and to "cap" wink it all, the seller tragically didn't include a picture of the neon? "matching hat".

You'll kick yourself if one of your mates turns up in it you know - you don't have a david kent (the winner) in your party do you? Razz Razz

Here's another one - are you feeling bright, gay and colourful? trouble is you aren't small and again, its not neon Sad

Again, its made by Rodeo - those C&A boys really got into the early 90's fashion thing didn't they?
snow report
Kramer, and rich75, oh yes... I bow to your superior search skills. Mrs Bungle has been dismissed....
snow conditions
Its is a sad fact that the best and most horrific suits are the womens ones and they are all small, other wise I would definitely be onto a winner! I don't think any of my mates are that small either so I can't even give them a sporting chance Smile

And unless one of them is using a pseudoname, then no, none of them are called David Kent
ski holidays
Bungle wrote:
"matching hat".

I did chuckle when I read that! Very Happy
ski holidays
It really makes me chuckle, the way that the people who are selling these things really try and talk them up, "very designer looking", "made to measure", and the like. Surely they must realise that they're selling tat, and that anyone who is buying one will only be doing so for a wee wee take?
latest report
rich75, I'm getting into this now, can Mrs Bungle and I gate crash your comp with this - I know they are a bit tame but would we get extra judges marks for "his and hers" outfits?

Kramer - agree - though perhaps more amazing given some we have seen are the ones that say "worn once"!! snowHead
snow report
Don't forget you can top it off with a nice pair of moon boots. Perfect for Apres ski...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy