Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Working in a skii resort.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys im posting here as i really dont know where else to go or look.
i am interested in working abroad in a ski resort and was wondering where the best place to search would be. i have gone and looked around numerous sites but most of the jobs are out of date or for a previous season. i was wondering if any 1 here has ever worked ina ski resort and what you thought of it. and also what is the best route to tackle and the best way to apply or to get acepted on a course. or maybe some one on here has job vacancies available? im a 19year old male and dont mind what kind of work i do. im hard working and enthusiastic and could start in short notice. i also do not mind which countrie i travel to. thanks guys.
any help would be much apreciated.

Chris
Habtrix@msn.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only website I'm aware of is www.natives.co.uk

I guess you also need to check out the tour operators websites as well?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
habtrix, Welcome to Snowheads

There are a wide range of jobs available from Ski Instructor, through to Bar Worker, Driver or working as a rep or chalet host for a Tour Operator (or TO as known on here). Given most English TO's recruit between Jul and typically end Oct for the season (end Nov to later april) then most jobs have gone for this season already. For a list of typical jobs (and pros and cons) see here -
http://www.natives.co.uk/skijobs/descrip/desc.htm . There's a number of Snowheads that work in jobs in resorts from Ski Tech, to Cashier, to Instructor to Chalet Host - and probably have covered other roles previously, but generally snowheads is more for the enthusiastic (& frequent) visitor or property owner rather than resort worker per se. Sites like natives (as above) are better for job discussions and job opportunities.

If you mean this season then I think you're going to struggle - whilst come early Jan some staff will go home due to home-sickness or injury, of just finding that they don't like snow, there jobs are likely to go very very quickly and often to people out in resort. Talk / email / skype any buddies currently in any resorts and get them to look around for you.

If youre thinking of next season then get some work under your belt preferably in a customer facing role - bar, beach club (summer) or retail - anything really just to prove you can get up at 8 in the morning and do a decent shift. If you want to be a chalet host then doing a cookery course might be a good investment (see natives) - othewise look for chef work or similar.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Talk to Mark Warner if you have any experience with bar work of in the kitchen or something. They get through their staff like a house on fire, when I did my season there was a 100% turnover in staff in the bar there. Shocked

A phone call won't hurt and you may be put on a reserve list.

Resort Recruitment
Email recruitment@markwarner.co.uk
Telephone 0871 703 3955 (from overseas +44 871 703 3955)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

They get through their staff like a house on fire, when I did my season there was a 100% turnover in staff in the bar there.

There's a reason for that.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

They get through their staff like a house on fire, when I did my season there was a 100% turnover in staff in the bar there.

There's a reason for that.

Yes - Some of them refused to serve certain drinks as it meant too much washing up, allegadly there were some discrepencies in the till Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, Could you please elaborate.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They look to be on form this season; 2 MW 'ski hosts' lost within the first few days. One poor girl with broken collar bone on virtually her first run, the second given marching orders for an alleged 'altercation' outside the Moris (defending a guest by all accounts). But before you rush to apply, I should say all posts have already been filled from their longer than long waiting list.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for the help guys. ill check the websites now and write an email to MW
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christopher wrote:
Lizzard, Could you please elaborate.

You only get sacked if you do something wrong. I've worked for MW and found them to be no stricter than other TO's. Be a good boy/girl do your job, turn up on time for work and you'll be fine!

Natives is the best website, you'll probably struggle to get a job now for this season but your best chance would be ring up all the TO's ask them if they have or will have any vacancies and take it from there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They do random on the spot breathalyzer tests according to a friend. Apparently in Tignes they stopped a few of the staff after a pretty heavy birthday night the night before and anyone who registered any alcohol were sacked. Whereas I can see the point, I still think that's pretty damn harsh.

stewart woodward, That's ridiculous. Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
They do random on the spot breathalyzer tests according to a friend. Apparently in Tignes they stopped a few of the staff after a pretty heavy birthday night the night before and anyone who registered any alcohol were sacked. Whereas I can see the point, I still think that's pretty damn harsh.

stewart woodward, That's ridiculous. Sad

When I used to work for them it only ever applied to the nannys / mannys which as harsh as it is I can understand it because you dont really want to be dropping little joey off to someone stinking of booze. You could easily sack every single member of the hotel staff within the 1st month if you played by them rules, as long as you don't come in every morning roaring drunk from the night before.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, from what I was told a friend of my friend had turned up for work in the kitchen on time and pretty hungover, but then just got the sack. As you say you could sack everyone, the impression I got was that it just depended upon how harsh/horrible your boss/supervisor was.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did a few seasons in my youth. It's hard work, it's very poorly paid and it was the best time of my life.

You have left it very late for this season, but there is still a chance. I would put together a breif CV - 1 page only - listing anything remotely relevant to custmer facing type jobs (bar work, shop work, voluntary work etc). Don't forget to add any practical skills (ability to drive, languages, cooking skills). Email it to all the tour operators (you'll need to search the web and use sites like Natives.co.uk, wtss.co.uk and the various travel sites to find email addresses). If at all possible get the name of someone in HR to email to. Then you'll need to call them up a day or 2 later and very politley introduce youself and ask if they got your mail. Then you need to wait... sadly people do get injured/homesick/sacked so there will be vacancies sooner or later.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Little Angel

I see Silver Ski say they are still recruiting
Have a look here http://www.silverski.co.uk/recruiting.aspx

wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy