Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking in effect just to cover my wife and me for off-piste in France for a week and a bit. We are already covered for guided off-piste in our annual travel policy but I get anxious about these unaccompanied sorties off the sides of the piste, down through the trees etc which one gets tempted into and am looking in effect for a top-up.

The problem with a UK policy just for the 10 days is that we will be in France for about a month and travelling to and from the skiing from our French home. There seems to be a requirement to take out such a policy from departure from the UK to return which would be far too expensive. Anyone know of a sound French company that would provide what we need - ie inexpensive cover for 10 days including unaccompanied off-piste?

By the way, I Googled "hors piste assurance" and the first hit was for horse insurance. Laughing Neigh, I said to myself, this is not what I was looking for. wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Neigh, I said to myself, this is not what I was looking for

Laughing A French policy would normally be for French residents (as UK ones are for UK residents). You could always take Carte Neige/Carré Neige as appropriate (bought with your lift pass) which would get you off the mountain, helicopter if necessary etc - which could be the most expensive bit. You have EHIC, no doubt? There'd still be some gaps, though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Neigh, I said to myself, this is not what I was looking for

You related to Frankie Howard by any chance? wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

You related to Frankie Howard by any chance?

I cycled past his old house earlier today (Cross, near Cheddar) Laughing

My InsureAndGo policy includes off piste.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Titter ye not, scotabroad,

The problem is not getting UK insurance - that's easy - but the fact that a UK insurer understandably assumes travel insurance will be from departure from the UK to arrival back. I just want the 9 days within the month or so I will be living in France. I already have my French car and house insured with AXA in France although my main residence is in the UK. I will contact the charming Elodie in the local AXA office who has been very helpful in the past and put up patiently with the "ignorant foreigner" routine.

Next year the answer will be to change to an annual policy that includes unaccompanied off-piste skiing. SImple, really. Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ccl, try AGF?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy