Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - whats it like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been to Tignes 3 times now, twice to les brevieres and once to Le Lac. It's a very good place to go as others have mentioned (bar the rank '60s hotel blocks - which don't ruin a trip there). Massive variety of runs and good nights out - you can always taxi to Val D if needed).

I've still got a question about the place though, which hopefully someone can answer. Even though I've been there 3 times I've not explored Val d'Isere to any great extent. Can anyone tell me how long it'll take me to get there from the base of Les Brevieres to the valley of Val d'Isere?

I put myself at the 7/8 out of 10 ski catergory the likes of Snow+Rock ask about and I like to ski fast. So if I bomb it down could I make it in an hour given lift times and an early start etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Teddy,

La Sache in Brevieres opens at 9am

After that you need the Aguille Rouge chair, and zip straight down to Le Lac and hop on the Aeroski to the top of the Toviere. From there it's downhill all the way to La Daille at the bottom end of Val D.

Hope this helps.

As for timings an hour is probably doable depending on lift times and any queues. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Gryfon, that's great - lift names are flooding back.

Is La Daille where you pick the train back up to the top again?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, you can get the funival from La Daille
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been many a time now and my advice on where to stay is, if you like being near the action stay in Val Claret, it's one of the nicer areas, well nicer than Lac I think, still 60's though. Or if you like staying a little more of a village styling then go for Les Brevieres but it will take longer to get into the action daily. Tignes itself is a great ski area so if it's that you're going for then I'd recommend it highly!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant ski area, great instructors on the mountain (start with Snowheads very own Rorie Scott and Stewart Woodward) and a good choice of places to stay and accommodation for most budgets.

Would echo what liz09 says above Val Claret for the action, Le Lac if you're not bothered about ambience (but The Alpaka is great as are some of the slopeside bars) but the real hidden gem, although a bit further from the main area, is IMHO Les Brevieres - a lovely old village with great restaurants, a wild bar (The Underground) and prices that are generally better than the other villages. IMHO Les Brev is far nicer than Val d'Isere which is often suggested as the 'better' option in Espace Killy - horses for courses though so take your pick and enjoy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sauze D'oulx or Tignes. Really? They are not in the same league for any criteria you care to mention, unless the criteria happens to be "shabby version of Blackpool, with only slightly better snow", in which case Suzie Does is your kind of place. By contrast, Tignes is consistently rated, by anyone you care to ask, as one of the best 5 resorts in the world. It's up to you...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy