Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to hire gear at Cairngorm.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Went to the lecht today but Cairngorm has better greens for my wife. So may go to Cairngorm tomorrow.
Their site says that hire gear has all gone. Probably on weekend hire. Wher is the best place to get gear eg set of 145-150 skis and size 4 boots in Aviemore?

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A long number of years ago we hired from ski road skis, this was situated on the road from Aviemore to the slopes before the Colyumbridge Hotel. As I said this was more years ago than I care to remember but if its not there anymore then you'll get somewhere in Aviemore. Sorry this is so vague but age and Budweiser are taking there toll.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mega years ago, Ellis Brigham at Aviemore used to hire skis and boots. Might be worth giving them a call.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
glasgowcyclops, would it not be easier to hire in glasgow ???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smokin Joe, pretty sure glasgowcyclops is up North for a few days...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep Up north in Burghead www.burghead.com went ot Cairngorm today... too busy to get up any speed.
Going to the lecht tomorrow. Then back home for my birthday on the 29th, then off to Norway Skiing at my sisters. Probably Kongsberg and Norefjell instead of Hemsedal Happy
Then back to Burghhead for NEW YEAR ON THE 11TH OF JAN (Honest ,,,,,,, Dont ask) Happy

Cheers
Bob

PS ARV
How was Nevis?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Yep Up north in Burghead www.burghead.com went ot Cairngorm today... too busy to get up any speed.
Going to the lecht tomorrow. Then back home for my birthday on the 29th, then off to Norway Skiing at my sisters. Probably Kongsberg and Norefjell instead of Hemsedal Happy
Then back to Burghhead for NEW YEAR ON THE 11TH OF JAN (Honest ,,,,,,, Dont ask) Happy

Cheers
Bob

PS ARV
How was Nevis?

got marketing bumf through regarding Norway.. if you've been before whats your impressions.. also how dear is the beer.. sadly i base a lot of my decisions on this factor.. says a lot about me i guess Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
Mega years ago, Ellis Brigham at Aviemore used to hire skis and boots. Might be worth giving them a call.

achilles, indeed I think they still do or at least, they did last season, for my two boys.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glasgowcyclops, really good. Going for more tomorrow well prepared for bad weather and winds Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Mugen.

Basing it on beer then dont go. Happy
Seriously... it is very expensive. £3/ can of beer £5-6 for a 0.5 litre just over a pint. Typical burger and chips is £12. Chicken and chips in restaurant/posh cafe is £16-18. Wine is heavily taxed and in a restaurant is typically £30-45/ bottle. for something that will cost £13-18 in the UK.
There are cheaper, but these are typical for Tonsberg.

One weird thing is the cost in really really beautiful hotels. It is not that more expensive compared to a cafe. Eg a beer in the Kviknes hotel in Ballestrand is £5 for 330ml and only £5 fofr 0.5 l in the cafe at the pier.

All the best
Bob
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
glasgowcyclops wrote:
Hi Mugen.

Basing it on beer then dont go. Happy
Seriously... it is very expensive. £3/ can of beer £5-6 for a 0.5 litre just over a pint. Typical burger and chips is £12. Chicken and chips in restaurant/posh cafe is £16-18. Wine is heavily taxed and in a restaurant is typically £30-45/ bottle. for something that will cost £13-18 in the UK.
There are cheaper, but these are typical for Tonsberg.

One weird thing is the cost in really really beautiful hotels. It is not that more expensive compared to a cafe. Eg a beer in the Kviknes hotel in Ballestrand is £5 for 330ml and only £5 fofr 0.5 l in the cafe at the pier.

All the best
Bob

ah thats nothing after a weekend in paris.. if the germans had of been in charge beer would have been way cheaper..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy