Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Verbier and back

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, so I'm flying into Geneva to get to Verbier and was wondering what the easiest way to get to Verbier would be? I would assume just to get teh trains. They're 110chf return but was wondering if there's a cheaper alternative?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Train is good, I did all last season. Worth going first, less hassle. Circa 180 CHF. GVA Airport to Verb. If late you will need to taxi Le Chable-Verb. 50 CHF+

Also see. Alpine Express, Alpy Bus. Good luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quick question, why is it worth going first class? And do the trains have enough space to put your skis over the seats like most other trains?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timmaah, I've done transfers by both first class and standard and wouldn't bother with first class again, as the normal service is fine. There is no problem with skis, I put mine on the racks above the seats, just enjoy the Swiss Rail experience. Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmaah, First class is worth it if you're on a busy line (e.g. Geneva-Lausanne). There are probably discount cards you can get see www.sbb.ch

As I understand it, there aren't any independent transfer companies to Verbier.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
this doesnt answer your question in full as i have not got the train from Genava to Verbier, but i have got the train from Geneva to Aigle, which is a small town at the eastern end of lake Geneva, which you will pass through. We did not travel in first class just normal economy, loads of room, clean, great service, lots of room to put bags and equipment etc. The only big tip i can give you is be there early as the train will leave dead on time, and i mean on time. if it says it leaves at 10.39, then it will leave at 10.39, not twenty too!!! take the train if i were you, the station is also right outside the airport aswell so no messing about. go for it, you will be fine, remember that the exchange rate is in swiss francs, not euros so 110chf is about £66, so not bad really!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timmaah, Alpine Express are best - door to door
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
19.39 ish is the last train from Geneva that goes all the way to Le Chable, otherwise you're stuck at Martigny with a hefty taxi fare.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swiss rail fantastic. We always buy swiss transter ticket which covers the post bus from le Chabel to Verbier. I think its £75 return. Its such a relaxing way to travel. Makes me think I need to book a little trip to switzerland!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmaah, just to be clear, (and I travel quite a lot on Swiss trains) - the advantage in first is that if it's really busy you're still (likely) to get a seat. I think you'll be fine in 2nd. IIRC, there's a luggage transfer service although that may only work if you arrive on Swiss(air) flights.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timmaah, As billyh, mentions swiss transfer passes are the best way. See www.swisspasses.com to buy them for £74.
They will get you from point of entry (Geneva) to anywhere else in the country (Verbier) and back again.
You will also get 5% off your lift pass with swiss passes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the help guys! I was going to fly from munich into geneva, but the prices shot up within last 2 days... So instead I'm taking the train from munich to geneva, then to verbier. Return cost me 180€ which is pretty good... Only shame is that it's 12 hours long Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From Munich you can probably change at Lausanne rather than going all the way to Geneva. May be worth checking.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
double check the prices if considering the swiss transfer ticket, I know previously it was cheaper to just buy a return to verbier! may have changed now with the rubbish exchange rate...... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It makes no sense at all to go via Geneva from Munich, this will be adding at least 2 hours to your journey. You should be changing at Visp or Lausanne. All very easy to plan your journey on sbb.ch. If you already have a Deutsch Bahn card, you should get a discount off the swiss trains if your starting your journey in Germany. If you are planning on visiting Switzerland again over the next 12 months, the 50% discount card (150 CHF) gives you access to much cheaper travel, and pays for itself very quickly (this is not restricted to a 50% reduction, but also includes inclusive deals on ski lift tickets and day rail tickets for travel anywhere in Switzerland).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy