Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the market for a new board for this winter. Are there any online reviews on snowboarding sites I can read through?

And I would welcome recommendations on here...
Looking for a freeride/all-mountain stick, 160-165cm, to replace a 2004 K2 Ambush 164 which has been great but just slightly too far biased towards full-on powder riding. A board that's good for powder is my priority but it needs to work for piste and park too.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at some of the reviews on dogfunk.com and sierrasnowboard.com

I've had a couple of ambushes, they were decent boards, but always seemed to be quite easily damaged.

Since then I've been riding an Arbor Abacus, which is a full on powder board, Arbor Wasteland, which is more all mountain, and a Bataleon Hero, which was really cheap Very Happy

I like all of them, more than I did the K2's. The Arbor boards are awesome, smooth riding, responsive. For powder/chowder the Abacus is amazing, it's just like surfing. But it's not an every day board. The Wasteland is much more for everything. Beautiful looking board too.

However, I like the Bataleon a lot, and found myself riding it all the time last season. The TBT thing is interesting, got some positives and negatives, but will probably buy another if I can get a good deal on one. I only bought it for a rock hopper, as it was only NZ $300, but I'm pretty sold on the tech.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy