Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Hintertux on the cheap

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it practical to do so?

I know I can get cheap b&b accom down the valley (Juns / Lanersback etc) for a fraction of the Redpoint hotels in Tux, but will I miss out socially and will I find the practicalities of evening lectures a nightmare ?

Any views from anyone who has done a course there ? Also if anybody is on a course 19-30 Apr please feel free to contact by PM if you're also looking for a cheaper alternative.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith, if you stay down the valley it is better to have your own car with you, some people on the courses did. Buses stopped running in the evening, so some had to hitch.Others stayed in Hintertux but arranged themselves in other hotels.
I was staying with Redpoint in the AlpenBad www.hohenhaus.at (+43 5287 8501) just two weeks ago, flight to Munich and transfer to Hintertux and lift pass all in package price, far more convenient as evening lectures were held at the hotel,but obviously more expensive. You could try booking direct to the hotels rather than using Redpoint.

I may be out in April, but would probably use Redpoint again.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, There are B&Bs within short walk of the Hohenhaus. The Jorgler is one and there are a few more in the vicinity. Best give the tourist office in Lanersbach a call or look at the accommodation lists on www.tux.at - they got mapping so you can see where they are. If you have a few others looking for accommo why not get one of the apartments... Sonne or Nenner. Seriously, there is no need to plonk yourself down in Juns etc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunk, Thanks - the hotels in the Redpoint offer are reasonably priced compared with booking direct with the hotels, but they only offer 'twin' rooms, no single room option. In a normal twin room this would be OK, but an Austrian twin arrangement with a stranger is a bit of a gamble.

Bode Swiller, The Jorglerhof looks a good option and reasonable prices for a single room. The www.tux.at site is quite good, that's where I saw some real cheap b&b's down the valley. If I do stay in Hintertux itself (without a car) then what are the options for eating, is it mainly the larger hotels or are there more budget conscious options available, without just eating a different pizza every night ? Starting to think I should just bite the bullet and go with Redpoint .... but then there's that twin issue ...

Plenty to consider, as Bode says though getting a small group together could be worthwhile, so please do PM me if you're in the same boat ....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, There's a kind of burger bar / KFC style fast food counter at the Hohenhaus Tenne (that's the woody apres bar up by the lifts). Can't vouch for the food or the prices though. Hotels that do buffet-style evening meals shouldn't charge you too much.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Right then, booked in at the Jorgler, thanks again for the recommendation.

Travelling on the Gatwick > Innsbruck EZY flights (outbound Sun 18/4 08:10, return Sat 1/5 14:55), would welcome anyone on these flights who wants to share fuel/parking costs to/from Gatwick - I'm travelling from Sheffield so can pick up anywhere along M1.

Whoo hoo, excited now, but a little nervous and aprehensive, leaving wife and kids behind for 2 weeks will be tough, but hopefully worth it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy