Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xavier de la Rue, simply the greatest Snowboarder ever.

Poster: A snowHead
Well he is, 2 times world freeride champion, this year the FWT and the olympics, so many titles and films to his names, almost makes me wanna try the sport.
Google him, read about him, watch him, awesome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great rider but greatest ever? I would put forward either Craig Kelly or Terje Haakonsen for that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowrider, Haakonsen, not a bad shout, but across the disiplines, personality, rider De la Rue has it all.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
he and Jeremy Jones seem to be the only big mountain boarders who go as fast as their skiing counterparts. some good coverage of him on this:

TEN ski snowboard film www.guidoperrini.com from guido perrini
http://www.vimeo.com/2492092
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, What a great film. Xavier at 22 minutes in... amazing. Nothing prepares you for the avi at the end!!

Thanks for posting the link.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, If he isn't the greatest, he's in the top 2 and a nice bloke with it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably the best there is right now, but Jeremy Jones, Craig Kelly, Haakonsen, Tom Burt, Axel Papourte, Johan Olfason have all thrown down some amazing lines in AK.

Johans part from TB5(2002?)
http://youtube.com/v/REIbSgufwSU is way ahead of its time - the last line is just incredible (from about 3 minutes 13 sec)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How many of the others will be competing at the Olympics?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
another great segment from Johan
http://youtube.com/v/ggiNwcK8eTw&feature=related from 2.50 onwards Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
How many of the others will be competing at the Olympics?

Yes but are we talking greatest current snowboarder or greatest of all time?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowrider, I believe both.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BEST EVER and current then Jeremy Jones for me. check out the trailer for his new project - he has ditched the heli for splitboards, crampons and lung power to get him to the top...

http://youtube.com/v/f4c2nAl0jew

still pushing the limits at 34....and he has now started his own snowboard company.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yeah for me he is the best in the World at the moment, his brother is not too shabby by all accounts as well! Jeremy Jones is a bit of a Ledge though, I loved the way he rolled up to the Verbier extremes aged 70 and just stormed it. I'm with Arno as well one of the few big mountain boarders who are as fluid and basically as sick as the freeride skiers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
norris, wasn't his partner in crime for the extremo stuff in the Mt Blanc massif on that movie Xavier de le Rue? pretty strong pairing!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gsyfreerider, When was that? 2008 Cyril Neri, 2009 Xav', both years Xav' Champion FWT. No doubt the guy JJ has done well, but how many X Games medals? How many FWT wins, How many Olympic appearances? How many film appearances, how many tricks???? Xav' can throw down an awesome selection of Rotations too........
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, yes they hit the tour ronde and various other gnar in the Mt Blanc massif

http://jeremyjones.net/2009/05/
ski holidays
Marco Ziffredi!
ski holidays
JJ has over 40 film appearances(more than anyone)....doubt he is that bothered by x-games!!
ski holidays
HiKE - A Freeride Project In The Austrian Alps from Martin Stoni
http://vimeo.com/8119208 25 mins of Austrian freeriding Cool
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, JJ won Verbier in 2005. I am not disputing XDL has more medals and more tricks, I am a fan! I'd have to put forward Teddy Baer for having the best name though! Smile
ski holidays
I have changed my mind - Marco Siffredi

http://youtube.com/v/bd3_b8raTEM&feature=player_embedded

Watching the way he ripped turns down the Gevasutti on the Tacul and rode from the top of Everest with no rappels to Advanced Base camp. What a shame he is no longer with us Sad after he went back to Everest the following year for an attempt on the Hornbeim Couloir and fell to his death.

He also made the first snowboard descent of the Nant Blanc
latest report
norris, no question he was top quality even if he did look like Boris Johnson's love child! And he is amazing to watch his skill level is immense and super smooth. I skied with a guide in chamonix once who was predominantly a boarder who did Gevastti on his board on his own twice in a day four hours up each time and about a minute down! A lot of these dudes just do it for themselves without a camera in sight, having said that a lot of them are not around anymore! Still love XDL as I think he can get even better and he is still young.
snow report
This morning I was going that there's no doubt he'd be in a list of the greatest snowboarders but there would be others I might put ahead of him. Then today he opened up a new line down the Bec Des Rosses in the FWT.
snow conditions
Swirly, yes saw this on the FWT website, but no videos yet? did you watch the comp

Gsyfreerider, Boris lovechild LOL! YES XDL has a great future and really is pushing the limits...the cliff drop he did on the Squaw Tram Face was insane, check out the rock he very nearly landed on Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/8xdl6HpLotE&feature=player_embedded
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy