Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any hope of St Anton accommodation over New Year??? Or anywhere??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!!

We are two ~28 year old friends looking for some last minute accommodation... Have booked flights to Memmingen Dec 29th, 5 nights (4days skiing), leaving Sun 3Jan. Both intermediate skiers, looking for some budget options. Ideal scenario is St Anton (I've been there before, loved it!) but realise accommodation is quite difficult to say the least...any suggestions? Really want good snow. Would share apartment etc. if that was an option. Anything really!

Don't know whether it's too big a risk to hold out in case a cancellation/last minute thing comes up in St Anton? We've been onto the tourist office and are on their list. Or should we just give up on that and try to get somewhere else? Oberstdorf (which I don't think is even open yet) or Garmisch are both fairly accessible from Memmingen by train.

Any help or advice much appreciated! Happy Christmas!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
niamhc, try getting in touch with sidneyreilly - fellow Very Happy He's got some appartments in centre of town http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ From what others are saying in other parts of the forum, St Anton a lot quieter than normal so you may be able to get some rooms for less than the 7 nights usual requirement. Keep plugging away on the official website and contact individual guesthouses/hotels etc.

Also check previous posts on the subject in this section of the forum as there are people who are looking for people to share rooms etc

Good luck and say hi to the Moos for me wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that boabski, have been onto sidneyreilly who doesn't have anything, and doesn't hold much hope of me finding anything! Will get phoning all the places today I think...checked previous posts and have sent a couple of mails but to no avail Confused

Still holding out hope. Is it crazy to just arrive in St Anton without anywhere and hope for anything from the tourist office when we get there?? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
niamhc, Have you tried some of the places in Stuben http://www.stuben.com/index.php?id=3&L=1 or even down in Strengen/St Jakob? OK not as convenient but Stuben is a cracking wee place to link into the St Anton part of the Arlberg ski circuit. You can still ski to Happy Valley but you would need a taxi back or late bus if such a thing exists. I do know that people turn up and do manage to get something but my holidays are usually organised well in advance, eg booked St Anton (right at Galzigbahn) in July this year for trip in March.

Stuben is a fraction of the price to stay of St Anton
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy