Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urban ski touring challenge...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy

For those of us lucky enough to be surrounded by english urban snow at the moment here's my trip report from Wigan today: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=58890

Anybody else been out getting odd looks off old ladies, smiles off drivers and envious glances from kids?
Or am I just mad?

Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got back from Scotland on sunday night.

Snow started at Junction 36 and was all over the shop when I got home.

Grabbed boots wed'zes.

Trip report from Owlet Ash fields

Piste 1 Fussweg des Ruckenvonhausen

A moderate green with little scenery, but a convenient route back to the accomodation for beginners. Exercise caution when passing through the gate as the cover may be poor at lower altitudes after the yard has been swept.

Side Path: another green, but with occasional hazards on bin night.

Touring Itinerary : One circuit round the terrace.

L'aiguille petit:

2 pistes, blue.

To the left 'Gauche' avoids the concrete planter, but does require skiers to turn sharply to the right to miss the christmas tree on the lawn of the accomodation.

Piste Droit leads to tha flatter 'Front path', but needs care to avoid 'Neighbour's fence'. Back coutry routes lead to a tarmac path with poor cover.

Red piste: 'Around the playground' Starting from the hedge above the children's playground go along beside the fence until you can turn right for the descent, godd cover and a fast run make it possible to get to Fussweg des Ruckenvonhausen.

'Bete Noir'. A black run and as the name suggests, for the stupid. Descend directly from the hedge above the children's playground. Do not stray too far right or there is a risk of running into the back of the garages. A jum may be required to avoid thin cover at the kerb, keep going to reach Side Path.

A small resort, with a variety of runs that should keep an inexperienced skier busy for forty five minutes to an hour, at most. Not much apres ski, but Spar stays open until ten and sells beer.

At least I didn't have to get up at 2 a.m and then sleep in an airport watching a blooming screen then get stripped felt up and dragged across Europe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did a great tour in Feb...

Central London Alps
Mt Stockwell to Ag. du Clapham Old Town - flat with short green into mild skinning to finish. Quicker than walking!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy