Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres ski and kids - what to do?

Poster: A snowHead
So, we are headed to Ischgl in January and will have our 5yr old in tow. We usually will stop for a quick beer or cocktail after skiing, before heading back to the hotel for the evening. Is it frowned upon bring a 5 yr old to an umbrella bar, or outdoor bar area afterwards? I mean it will not be late - more like 3:00 or 330 in the afternoon and we would only have 1 or two drinks within an hour and leave. No bar dancing here Smile

Yes, I do know about the lively bar scene in Ischgl and would not subject our daughter to any of that craziness. Plus, it's just three of us and don't have a sitter.
What have you all done?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redhead0209, have been into bars at similar times and bought wine/beer for the parents and OJ for the kids - no frowns were seen

Don't think you will have a problem - mainland Europe is generally very kid friendly
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redhead0209, I echo Boris, I've never had any problems taking my kids into a bar esp. earlier in the evening. That said I think it's probably down to the child involved - if I was another drinker I think I would look dimly at a kid that made a nuisance of themselves and ran round the place getting under people's feet, but I think if the child is well behaved then no one will object - barkeeps or the punters.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have taken our 3 yr old, then the yr after 4 yr old into apres ski bars, not Ischgl, but it wouldn't worry us where it was, 3.30 pm is absolutely fine, if I saw any frowns about my daughter being out at 3.30 pm I would simply frown back!! We will be taking our 5 yr old for apres ski drinks this year too, you're on holiday, enjoy.......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We brought our kids to The Umbrella bar in Obergurgl and it was fine..no problems .mostly they played in the snow nearby or danced to the music..again we did n't stay too long . It certainly wasn't frowned on ..enjoy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
redhead0209, Do what we do and take them with you and let them enjoy it. Here's a clip of us with some friends and their kids at the Mooserwirt in Jan 08 when my youngest was 5. Had them all there again this year and they loved it. We're heading off to Kappl on 2nd Jan and fully intend on making the trip to Ischgl for some pumping apres wink Some Danish dude had commented on the Mosserwirt webiste about how cool it was that our kids were there and that they even knew the words to some of the apres cheez songs - fathers fault Embarassed

http://youtube.com/v/oH_tTiI_KYI
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As long as they buy a round they are more than welcome Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to all....this sounds great! One less thing to worry about Laughing
Liked the kids dancing! Looks like they were having fun!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
redhead0209, You're on holiday and so is your littl'un. Who cares what anyone thinks? Enjoy yourself and if anyone "frowns" give them the "Nescafe Handshake" and a great big raspberry!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Find a bar on the front neige (or whatever it is in Ischgl) and let them play in the snow whilst you have your vin chaud! Everyone wins - mainland Europe generally very child friendly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My little uns were a great hit in the apres ski bar in Zell a few years ago. They were the only ones who knew the moves to (I think) the Macarena. They soon had the whole bar out on the floor copying them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've seen kids brought into the Schatzi in Ischgl (women in 'traditional' costumes dancing on the bar). So I don't imagine you'd have a problem elsewhere. Outside the Schatzi could be an option, since they could play on the snow as well, although it can get a bit colder there, since it's in the shade.

The Kuhstall (Ischgl) is a good place for apres with kids. There is a lot of outside space which doesn't get quite as busy as some other places. Great mix of apres cheese as well usually.

With a kid of 5 though some places do get a bit too busy. The Trofana Alm for example is usually packed, even outside (it's wild inside). But Kuhstall and other places around the bottom of Silvrettabahn are good choices.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Buy sledges.

Our kids will happily sledge for hours and organise massive snowball fights with other sprogs while we sit/stand/collapse watching them with ale in hand.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Niki's Stadl at the bottom of the lifts in Ischgl would also be a good bet - the inner bit is mental but the 'outside' (still part of the building) would be fine I think
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank You! These are some great recommendations! They are on the list....
Merry Christmas!
snow report
Kids are not a Problem , they learn alot from the experience. In anycase why should there be a problem?

Dont forget to get them a "Kinder Schnaaps" or a "Shirley Temple" Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy