Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin Airport to Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all, just a quick request, thinking of visiting my son who is working the season in Serre chevalier[lucky bug!!] and wondered if anyone could give me any info on how easy or hard it is to get from Turin Airport to the resort, or any other advice ie accomodation etc for an independent traveller, thanks in advance bye
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kabby, there is some info on the Serre Chevalier website for transfers, http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Transport . As for accomodation it will depend on where your son is working as to what your options are.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Finding your way out of Turin can be a bit stressful as I recall (I got horribly lost and ended up in the city centre - avoid this at all costs!), but then it's dead easy and well signed.

I seem to remember following signs like this: Frejus tunnel to get out of Turin, even though you won't actually be going through it, then Oulx, Montgenevre, Briancon.

It was ages ago this, though. Apologies for any inaccuracies.

And I'm assuming you mean driving!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kabby, paulio, roads have recently been sorted out, thanks to the Olympics. It is easier to get out of the airport and on to the correct road now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes! Avoid the Frejus Tunnel! Not that there is anything particularly wrong with it as tunnels go. And, having missed the turning to Oulx and Montgenevre, I saw the tunnel twice, quickly and expensively Laughing

The journey (without detour) takes under 2 hours by car (I managed 1.5 on the return). There are a couple of companies that do transfers, but I found them really expensive when looking a few weeks ago. You can get a train to Briancon I believe, and only need to suss out the bus from the airport to the train station. Or hire a car, of course - similar cost to the transfers, but the benefit of freedom and not feeling quite so fleeced.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy