Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel problems

Poster: A snowHead
Best of luck peeps.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

eventually the kids ran out of DVDs.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we just checked in without issues. Hardly anyone on road or at terminal. Roads are in good shape... Panic over... Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler, Ta for letting us know.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was supposed to be there right ow but can't get out of Henley so plan for tomorrow now
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I travelled on Eurotunnel yesterday. All seemed to be operating normally. No queues to check-in, a short delay (30 minutes) from our scheduled departure time and then a normal journey to Calais.

The drive across France was also fine, despite dire warnings of road chaos.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, what time were you there?

Kruisler, excellent snowHead

Mouth, Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont wrote:
rob@rar, what time were you there?

Arrived about 6.45am for a 7.50am departure.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like being early is the key, we won't be there until lunchtime tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BiL has had his 6.40 cancelled has been put on 7.50 this morning. Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, but at least he is getting on.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting set of questions based on the recent tunnel problems: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/22/eurostar_eurotunnel_fiasco/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
katedenhaag, ... and I'm on the mid-morning service on Christmas day too - I hope, in the nicest way, to not see you!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Adrian, particulaly the comments section. I think many (like me) are of teh view that there comes a point where you look at the probability of something happening and the cost of preventing it and go Nope
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The homphomps were there for their train this afternoon, and got put on an earlier one apparantly, it was so quiet!
snow report
Not so lucky today though
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, oh dear, where are you now?
ski holidays
Stil in Dover boarding now
snow conditions
The Eurotunnel website told me not to turn up for my booked departure yesterday. I left London with some time to spare, got there early, no queue, straight onto an earlier-than-booked train, out in Calais half an hour later.

Good job I booked the emergency Dover-Calais ferry crossing rolling eyes

Drive through France was fine traffic-wise (barring the roadworks round Reims) but the weather was pretty foul - some nice aquaplaning in evidence, for sure. Oh, and ignore your Sat Nav, if you have one. I know the way but thought "heck, I'll give Mrs. Garmin the benefit of the doubt". Silly Zammo ....
latest report
zammo wrote:
The Eurotunnel website told me not to turn up for my booked departure yesterday. I left London with some time to spare, got there early, no queue, straight onto an earlier-than-booked train, out in Calais half an hour later.

Good job I booked the emergency Dover-Calais ferry crossing rolling eyes

Drive through France was fine traffic-wise (barring the roadworks round Reims) but the weather was pretty foul - some nice aquaplaning in evidence, for sure.....

Are you another me?
(if so, are you the mental one?)
Toofy Grin
snow report
Helen Beaumont,
Sad
What was the problem this time?
snow conditions
Good luck all, we are also travelling on Eurotunnel, 2.06am Boxing Day, with 2 small children! Am feeling really nervous but the information on the website says there are delays but to turn up at the normal time. We'll have a car full of food and warm clothes so i guess we'll just go for it... Smile
snow conditions
Just had an email from eurotunnel to say sorry but it wasn't their fault and that they were being helpful to Eurostar

At least I think that's what they were saying
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
Helen Beaumont,
Sad
What was the problem this time?

Apparently severe delays due to earlier cancellations. They transferred us to SeaFrance at 14.00, but when we got there were told that Eurotunnel were givint out flase info, and that next available boat was 15.50. The dog exercise area was a joke, and so full of shite that we couldn't take her in there. If we'd known about the boat time, we could have taken her up on the cliffs for a proper walk first.

Finally arrived in Reims around 9pm.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Sad I did think of you having a dog with you as well.

We got through with just a small 'technical delay'of no more than 45mins or so. Weather driving was mixed but no hold ups.
snow report
Following our delay on 23rd Deecmber, and our subsequent problems with the ferry at Dover, I emailed to complain about the incorrect ferry information at check-in, and have just received an email with a £50 voucher for a future trip.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, We complained last year by email about a 2hr delay and received voucher for £50.
ski holidays
I think they may have an 'interesting' day on the tunnel February 20th as every train from Calais between 16:00 to 22:00 is sold out Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, Our two hour delay last year was on the half term weekend. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Glad we're coming back on Sunday evening, they may just have cleared the backlog by then!
ski holidays
We're booked on the 20h20 so I guess that means we'd better make our slot or we'll be in trouble?
snow report
I've often wondered what Eurotunnel do when all trains are (supposedly) full if people who've paid the huge premium charged for the flexible service turn up unannounced.
ski holidays
Presume they do hold back some space! It is always worth being in your car heading out of the car park as soon as they announce your shuttle rather than waiting for them to announce it on busy days.
At its worst at the height of August I have seen them just loading people onto the first train as they come through passport control/security as the car park has been completely grid-locked that loads of people not got on their shuttle and system just goes into meltdown.
snow conditions
I'm dreading next Friday nights trip on Eurotunnel..... we have never been during half-term! Xmas (18th) was bad enough, could it be any worse this time? Sad
ski holidays
We're booked on the 20:50 to Calais next Friday then the 21:20 back on the 20th. Fingers crossed!!
I'm just hoping it's not any worse than Geneva airport two years ago when they grounded all flights and left us to fend for ourselves overnight. Luckily the family weren't with me that time.
snow report
Quote:

I'm just hoping it's not any worse than Geneva airport two years ago when they grounded all flights and left us to fend for ourselves overnight

did your airline not provide any accommodation? When flights were being cancelled a few weeks ago (snow both at Gva and several big UK destinations) easyJet were offering everybody hotel accommodation if they didn't want to swap to another flight.
latest report
pam w,
Quote:

did your airline not provide any accommodation?

A big NO Crying or Very sad and this was Swissair.

We had flown in for a long weekend from City airport in London. However on our return (Monday Night March 2008) nearly all flights to the UK were cancelled due to storms. The Swissair rep gave us a form to claim back expenses and told us to go and book a hotel at the desk downstairs. At that point we realised the Geneva motor show was on so there were no rooms - these rooms were all empty as noone could get to Geneva either!! We ended up "sleeping" on the floor along with a hundred or so other people. By this time all the refreshment kiosks had also shut. Fortunately a friendly policeman came around at 3am with water for everyone.
The next morning we were bundled onto a BA flight to Gatwick.
snow report
sbirring, sounds miserable. But I suppose if there are no rooms available there's not much even the most helpful airline can do. You'd be unlucky to have such problems with eurotunnel though as I'm on it myself on Sunday I hope there are no repetitions of the awful delays at christmas/New Year, when plenty of people were left with nowhere to sleep.
latest report
Driving to work on the M3 today and I saw the dreaded sign "Channel Tunnel Problems: 3 hour delays".

Searching on the net it looks like there is an accident on J11a of the M20:-( but at least it's not due to the snow - which thankfully doesn't seem that bad.

I'm praying it's all ok for tomorrow. D*mn this holiday is stressful!!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 11-02-10 10:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
ok I lied it looks like more snow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8509871.stm

Crying or Very sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy