Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice Elan Ladies Mag Spice Skis & Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi my wife is a advanced intermediate skier and is looking to buy somne skis. We have seen the Elan Ladies Mag Spice Skis & Bindings 158cm I think they are 2008 range. Anyone know if these are anygood and what would you expect to pay. She ski's all colours of piste and a little bit off piste. She was looking at some K2 burning love but missed out on them.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have Elan Magfires which I really like. I tried some Elan ladies skis in holiday and thought they were pretty good, I have tried the K2 ladies skis and didn't think they were anything special although I never really know what I enjoy or not about a ski, sorry! I would say if they are pretty cheap take a shot on them.

There is a bit of discussion on them here

http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682&page=3

which is a women's ski site so tell your wife to register if she wants to chat more about them.

As for price, I'm pretty cheap when it comes to skis, especially when buying something I have never tried so I probably would be wanting to spend about £200, whether they are available to buy for that price is another matter NehNeh £200-£300 may be more realistic
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mag Spice is OK but Pure Spice (2009) and Wave Spice (2008) are so much better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any reason why the pure spice is better and what would you suggest is a good price with bindings
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
grayscottage, I have Burnin' Luvs, and while I do like them I wouldn't want them for off-piste as they are too narrow under foot. I'm mentioning this in case you put them back on the wish list.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
grayscottage, better stability at speed, better crudbusting, better float in porridge, gets thrown about less by frozen death cookies, can be skied -slower- than the Mag Spice in trees.

No idea on price; I'm in a completely different market than you are.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing like a good put down. Have a good Christmas.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grayscottage, Puzzled (you may not know that comprex is based in the US and that's the different market)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh I see thanks all for the help and advice. Hope you find plenty of snow! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex, are you a female? It's just that you seem to have a fair opinion on the characteristics of ladies skis as though you have skied them, I had always (for some reason) supposed that you were a man. Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elan Magspice skis & bindings - RRP £349.99 - NOW £199.99
http://skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Elan_Ladies_Mag_Spice_Skis___Bindings.html

Elan Pure Spice skis & bindings - RRP £399.99 - NOW £225
http://skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Elan_Ladies_Pure_Spice_Skis___Bindings.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy