Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech -- ok for nervous early intermediates ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seen a good deal for a chalet near Lech & looking for some opinions before booking it.

I have 2 concerns,
1. Is the Lech ski area ok for a nervous early intermediate skier ?
I'm an ok intermediate so I have no concerns on the ski area for me, but my partner is a very cautious skier & I need to be sure that she will be ok skiing in the Lech area.
2. The chalet is in Zug, so I was wondering what are the ski / post bus links like to Lech & St Anton ?
I have looked on line but the PDF's don't seem to open for the bus schedules.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1/. Yes perfect
2/. Don't know
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The bus from Zug to Lech is barely 5 or 10 minutes.
You can ski back to Zug via quite a run that is marked but is not pisted.

Taking the chair out of Zug in the morning though puts you on runs above Lech/Oberlech none of which are hugely demanding. IMO the area is a delight for someone of your partner's standard.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1 perfect for her Smile

2 For gods sake don't let her try to ski back to zug, she'll have heart failure! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shades, 1 of the 8 Lech ski-buses goes to Zug - about 1 an hour I think. As gilo says she won't ski back from Lech so I'm not sure the area is exactly perfect for her but i'm sure she'll enjoy it

Zug is very lovely little place but very very quiet - that might be good if you are planning a Mr R-r-r-romantic cosy couples thing! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's very good - one thing to watch for is that the blue 34 has a slightly steeper section just up from the bottom, this can get a bit mogully towards the end of the day - so another option might be to stop in oberlech and get the bubble down from there. You should both be able to ski out from Zug 1st thing - the top of the Zugerberg lift and the blue after the drag is pretty straightforward IIRC.

There's a bus from Lech to St. Anton which I think is every 1/2 hour or so but can be a real bun-fight to get on. Ignore any thoughts of queue discipline, jam your skis on the back and run upto the front before it goes. At the St.anton end - I've been hanging off the rack at the back trying to get my gear out when it's driven off with me still hanging there!!

Lech is not cheap - so make sure you budget for on mountain eats - I can thoroughly recommend the puddings from the restaurant in the middle of blue 34 about 200 yds up from town - and the ice bar is quite nice for a cheeky glass of apres veuve... (well when in lech do as the russians do)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shades, Absolutely. The skiing around Lech and Oberlech is ideal for beginners. Have not skied to Zug so can't comment around there, but in the main it's all cruisy blues that are in wide open pistes. Even the reds are not too challenging, and you certainly won't get caught out like some of the blues in St Anton for nervous skier.
Book it - you will not regret it - Lech is an absolute fab place
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have just booked what I imagine is a similar deal to the one you've seen, to chalet Furka in Zug. We're both decent standard intermediate skiiers and I reckon the area looks spot on. Very much looking forward to it now (only a few weeks to go), especially with lots of regular snow in the area - conditions should be great. These runs back to Zub sound interesting!!

It'd be good to hear any other tips/pointers/advice for the area.

The Griffins
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter Griffin, you will love it snowHead

There are two runs back to Zug - one the famous Madoffjoch (spelling) itinery run from the Zurs side which is a classic and the last leg of the "White Ring" circuit - sometimes pisted sometimes not which should be a great challenge for people of your ability and the other a narrow, sometimes awkward track back from the Lech side. This is also an itinerie and as it again is sometimes pisted sometimes not and is narrow, has steep bits and can get busy it's the type of thing some people hate - but if you're decent Inter's then you should be fine.

Lech really does seem to get so much snow - they have great conditions at the mo with more forecast
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shades, we skied Lech a couple of years ago and was fine. The only thing I would say is be careful when getting off mountain at end of day as the ski out area at Lech main lifts can get very busy and it is narrow.
have fun
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everyone, thanks for the opinions & advice.
Unfortunately we didn't manage to get the deal we were looking at Sad

Now going to Finland instead.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shades, Sad From the sublime to the ridiculous...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27

Crazy eh ?
Still, I've already had a week in Solden pre Christmas & hopefully get another week in somewhere nearer Easter.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shades, Hope you survive Finland
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy