Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euston/Victoria to Stansted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick question folks:

I have a flight departing at 09:55 on Sat 9th Jan from London Stansted. I need to get from Glasgow to London and am currently considering the train.

Now, the problem being, the OH doesnt fancy travelling early on Friday, staying over at a friends, then heading out to the airport in the morning rolling eyes and would prefer to catch the train/bus down overnight so as to travel continuously.

I have looked at coach and train and both arrive at euston/victoria around 7am, giving us 3 hours before the flight leaves. Im confident thats enough time to make the journey to the airport and check it, but am a little worried about the train/bus being delayed as we are DIYing so no one would bail us out if we missed our flight.

From my experience the bus is less likely to be delayed, but takes longer and is less comfortable.

So what would snowHead's recommend?

Thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skola, just a thought. any chance you can get a coach/train that stops somewhere along the way that allows you to connect to stansted airport instead of heading all the way down to london so you have to travel back up again?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Skola
There are regular coaches from Victoria Coach Station to Stansted, I don't know the details, I'm sure you'll find them on Google but I'd reckon at least an hour.
Alternatively you could get the tube from Victoria U/G station to Tottenham Hale and pick up the Stansted Express train from there, again it'll be on Google somewhere. If you go via Euston then it's a few stops to Liverpool Street and get the express from there.
Like Sherlock I think you might be quicker if you can get a connecting coach by another route, I think Milton Keynes is a coach hub but from memory I think it's a bus shelter in the middle of nowhere so doesn't add any comfort or fun to the journey.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's any easybus from victoria to stansted which is fairly regular and traffic should be pretty light at that time on a saturday, but agree with tafflondon andsherlock235, that you could probably pick up a connection either MK or maybe Nottingham.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skola, Trains to stansted are from liverpool St, easy to get to from Euston Sq tube but the train (stansted express) has been unreliable recently (I travel daily from L'Pool St). I don't think 3 hours is sufficient at all, I woudl be more comfortable with a 4 hour gap to get there by public transport.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks. Ive done the journey before so wasnt really looking for instructions on how to do so, but appreciate it none the less Very Happy

Bypassing central London sounds very very good snowHead

My main concern is the trip down from Glasgow being delayed (train or bus, as its happened before), not leaving me enough time to make it to the airport

holidayloverxx, I think I agree with you - 3 hours is enough, but doesnt leave enough room for error IMO. Ive regularly had trains to london delayed by an hour or more.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy