Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Attaching Instructor Badges

Poster: A snowHead
This year my instructor badges are made of rubber with a velco backing.

Can anyone advise me the best way to attach these to my uniform.

Not too bothered about fleece and gillet as I will stich the velco to this clothing but more interested in the best way to attach the velco to my ski jacket as it's an expensive Gore Tec jacket.

Would a glue be better and if so what type

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle, Sticky velcro?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Eagle, I think there might be special glues you can get for fabric? I think it will be permanent though. Is it your jacket or a ski school uniform?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1,

Its my jacket
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super Eagle, how about buying a pin badge that you can glue the velcro back thingy to so you don't need to permanently deface your jacket? If that makes sense!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hot melt glue?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Super Eagle, out of interest, who are working for and which is your governing body?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beanie1,

I work for whoever. I teach in Uk on Dryslopes and in Snowdomes as well as privately abroad ( This year France and Swizterland ).

The BASI badges used to be sow on badges which was a task as all jackets ( for differing ski schools needed ) needed sowing on as well as fleeces and gillets.

This year its better as the badges are rubber with a velcro backing which means I don't need as many badges and all I have to do is attach the velco strip to my gear and just transfer the rubber badge onto whichever piece of kit is needed.

However my new personal jacket is expensive and I didn't feel like defacing it with pin holes although I have stiched badges on in past years.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super Eagle, i thought the BASI badges had been pin on for years? I know you can buy stitch on badges, but i thought they were just the optional extras. Changing them to velcro sound crazy, lots of instructors swap between jackets!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1 wrote:
Super Eagle, i thought the BASI badges had been pin on for years? I know you can buy stitch on badges, but i thought they were just the optional extras. Changing them to velcro sound crazy, lots of instructors swap between jackets!

Solution - stick a patch of this "female" tape to every jacket you are going to want to wear the badge on
:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9254472&ecamp=trf-005&CAWELAID=266887360
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, if it's your own expensive jacket you don't want to stick things to it though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is it essential to wear the badge?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie1,

You're right. The Instructors qualification badges are still pin on badges.

It's the optional sown on badges which have changed to Rubber velcro badges this year.

BASI as new logo and the velcro badges I think are better as you just swap the same badge between jackets. I was hoping that they would bring out a heat sealed badge like the ones for the trainers Jackets which would be easier to apply but then again none transferable as it would be permenant once attached.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh right, i've never bothered with the logo, just wear my qualification badge when teaching.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1 wrote:
fatbob, if it's your own expensive jacket you don't want to stick things to it though.

If you're prepared to defile the nice clean lines of an expensive jacket with a BASI logo then a small sticky patch is probably the least of your concens. Anyway I'm sure the jacket will be being claimed as tax deductible for the "trade" so wear and tear in the course of duty is to be expected wink
ski holidays
fatbob, i wouldn't defile mine with a BASI logo, ha ha! The sew on logos aren;t that small - maybe about 2 by 3 inches.
latest report
Super Eagle, The velcro must be so that BASI Trainers can instantly 'de badge' instructors wink
snow report
Decided to stay with stiching the female velcro side on Jacket.

For all BASI's faults it's not the only internationally recognised qualification that I hold so I'm not going to get into which qualification is better than the other.

Point is which attachment application is best and the pros and cons of which countries/associations qualification is best can be discussed in anther thread or do our critical members only have one and they had to go for the cheapest one at that.
snow conditions
Super Eagle, who's getting into a debate over qualifications? Can't see any debate in this thread.
ski holidays
beanie1 wrote:
Super Eagle, who's getting into a debate over qualifications? Can't see any debate in this thread.

Me neither Puzzled Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy