Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff - Fox Hotel and Suites - anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've booked to go to Banff with Neilson at Easter and are due to be staying at the Fox hotel and suites. Does anyone know if you get a suite or just a room with Neilson, it's not clear on the invoice. Is the hotel ok? Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went with Neilson and stayed there two years ago. We had no issuesat all and I would have no problems going back.

Then it was virtually brand new so condition was good. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which had a separate bedroom with a massive bed and a double sleeper sofa in the lounge area. The bathroom was en suite to the bedroom.....which was a drawback as the only way to it wasvia the bedroom...not great for any night visits by the person (in my case my late teen son) on the sofa sleeper

I am pretty sure we booked (and paid extra for) a 1 bed suite.There was an option to go for a standard room as I recall.

There is a chain restaurant (Chilis)as part of the hotel and a bar........very good pints of Molson as I recall.

The hotel is part of the chain that owns a lot of others including the Caribou which is next door. The Caribou has a Keg restuarant which is worth a visit. Good steaks

There was nice leisure facility with a pool. There are coin operated washers and driers. I think there was a small fridge in the room (we didnt use it) and maybe a microwave but not sure on that.

There was a free continental breakfast ie tea/coffee, toast, bagels, croissants, cereal, muesli etc

The ski bus stops outside the Caribou so it is virtually door to door service.

The hotel is maybe 2/3rds of the way along Banff Avenue going out of town so it is a decent (but easily do-able) walk into town. Maybe 15ish mins walk right to the centre of Banff. There is a bus, but we never used it as the walk was no real problem...........it was about zero to -10 when we were there so no problem if you wrapped up properly

They have a decent website (or did) so try that out...if you have any specific queries ask and I will try to help
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Biddy Twiddle, You are obviously doing the half term/Easter thing that I am doing, but we are going to Whistler at Easter snowHead See you in Folgarida!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Malcolm - lots of good info here. Looking forward to going. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy