Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings .... Salomon Z10???

Poster: A snowHead
I'm now trying to get some bindings fitted to my Storm Rage skis, and have found some Salomon z10 bindings available near me.
I've read a couple of bad review about them online, although I can see that Ellis Brigham are selling them with some skis on their website....

So, does anyone have any experience of the Salomon Z10 bindings, and would they be ok for my skis?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Rage is a freestyle ski so if you're making landings you don't want to be on a flexible all plastic binding with only three screws up front.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't buy sh*te bindings for a good ski. You got the skis free you canafford to splash out on decent bindings.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, what bindings should I 'splash out' on then? and no, I cant afford to splash out on bindings. I try to keep my ski holidays to a budget.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aldoyle wrote:
fatbob, what bindings should I 'splash out' on then? and no, I cant afford to splash out on bindings. I try to keep my ski holidays to a budget.

says the man who earns over 50K a year at the age of 23...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett, here we go again. lets not start on the poor 23 year old again. I'm just after some advice.
What's the problem with trying to keep to a budget?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
aldoyle, spend some money you tight b'stard.......

okbye
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowpatrol, ok, on which bindings?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now edging towards some Marker Griffons. Are they a better choice?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had the Z10s on a set - not brilliant but did the job. Didn't fancy them on the new pair so got some Vists (metal chassis at the back, reinforced plastic at the front) from spyderjon
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
aldoyle, I have the 912s ( a preceding model) on some old 1080s. They suck. Toe goes out of adjustment, brake mechanism (which is generic to a wide range of models) sucks.

You could always put a "bindings wanted" query on sH and see if anybody has something cheap and interesting.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh yeah the brakes don't really cam in much so they can scrape the snow if you ski like Maier
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh and I broke both brakes...so yeah, as stoaty says, they suck balls
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have some z10s - used about 12 weeks or so- any offers? I was fine with them Much less hassle with them than with my Dukes- which I have skied on for all of 3 days.
snow conditions
Sharkymark, yep - I broke both of mine - one fell to pieces at the top of a tree run we'd hiked to in Fernie Evil or Very Mad

anyway the poor little darling who started this thread tried the planks once in a fridge and gave up... rolling eyes
ski holidays
yup. they dont suit my skiing im afraid.

Anyone want to buy them?
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, mine destroyed themselves on not-a-very-big kicker in Avoriaz. Hiking? Must've been in your younger days Toofy Grin

Now they've been "skied" you might as well take 'em for a week of proper skiing to see if you change your mind? I skied a good few that are growers... Very Happy
latest report
aldoyle, got some proper bindings available in Eccleston: Salomon 997 Equipe WC. Din runs 14-20. Brakes are only 70mm but new ones to fit wider skis are available to buy from some retailers. After not very much. Let me know if you're interested.
ski holidays
aldoyle, marker griffons £150 or marker jester £220........

okbye
snow report
snowpatrol, it appears the OP has bought bindings; mounted them to skis; decided he didn't like the skis and is now selling the package, see B/S/T.
snow report
Sharkymark wrote:
stoatsbrother, mine destroyed themselves on not-a-very-big kicker in Avoriaz. Hiking? Must've been in your younger days Toofy Grin

your mother and I had a good time in them there woods... NehNeh wink
latest report
Quote:

your mother and I had a good time in them there woods... NehNeh wink

That's a weird pet name for Kramer Skullie
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy