Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought a ski they don't like the look of?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My favourites are the Line EP pros

Monsieur has a pair, here they are in situ Smile
Nick's EP pro Line skis at the top of Grands Montets
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
(Slightly off thread, but may interest some of you) wink

When I first moved to Canada I was hoping to start a woodworking business and bought a build it yourself Computer driven router bench kit which would cut up to 8ft by 4 ft sheets and make cuts of up to 4" depth.. My plans never worked out, so I donated it to these folks, http://skibuilders.com/ who are based in Seattle.There is some video on their site of it being used to cut ski blanks.

So, if you want to build your own pair of skis, with your own side-cut, materials and graphics, go take a look, and if you build a pair post a pic or two here! They are good people and if, for example, someone in snowhead land (UK?) wanted to set up and do something similar I suspect they would be very helpful.

Aloha from Whistler...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think its shallow to want your skis to look good. I have no idea who the majority of skis are designed for, but it definitely isn't me. I love my skis when I'm skiing in them and hate them when I'm standing in the funicular advertising to the world that I'm a tasteless tw*t. To pick up on johnnyh's analogy and compare skis to cars you probably wouldn't buy a nicely-made top-of-the-range fast car and then add the manufacturer's name in metre-high letters down the side.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get the majority of skis in a solid plain colour or maybe a simple GT stripe instead of looking like they had been thrown up on by a graphic designer...? If someone took this design direction the branding could be discreet cos it would be such a strong statement that everyone would be asking you what the skis were - a more viral form of advertising. But then if we all had classic-looking skis that didn't date the market might be less inclined to buy new skis every year...

Damn. Have I just been cynical again...?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dinomartino, I would say Black Crows have got quite close to that approach.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
firebug, They are certainly refreshingly bold & geometric... Saw RPF's White Dots in Tignes - also with simple bold graphics....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got me some Coombacks. Fugly skis - particularly compared to their Coombas which looked beautiful IMO - but rather enjoyable to ski (so I'm now covering them in stickers to make them easier on the eye)

dinomartino, you'll like DPS skis - beautiful and ski great apprently if you can afford them - some fun shapes too

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thebongolian, Ha ha. I wish. But I maintain that just cos I'm tight shouldn't mean I'm ugly...

Those DPS are classy-looking. Nice. Look like water skis to me though wink

Saw someone's piccy on the forum recently with a beautiful pair of orange skis with a tasteful white stripe. Can't remember who or where but they were just lovely! And also way out of my price range / ability no doubt...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry, It's rubbish like that which ensure they've cut the female demographic out of their market - which woman in their right mind would want to be seen riding such things? Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy