Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Seth Pistols

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the story on these? Seth is able to do some pretty impressive stuff on them, but he's a great skier. How do they hold up for snowheads who've demoed/own them? Too fat to use on the piste? Great off-piste or somewhat lacking?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally-no idea Confused But they certainly look the business and,on Morrisons feet,look highly capable.
I just wish I was a good enough skier to think I had half a chance of clipping them on and giving them a blast(which I'm not)maybe one day?
But someone on here will know all about them.Are you sitting comfortably wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tried them on at Milton Keynes snowdome (not exactly an 'off piste paradise') and rather liked them. But then, i ski Pocket Rockets anyway so I'm used to fat skis. My first impression was that they were a little firmer than the PR's but fairly similar in handling.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ponder, I did some human slalom racing on mine in Big Sky. I wouldn't use them as a 1 ski does all, but then again, there's no such a thing, or else, it's one ski does all very averagely. Wink
They are GREAT off piste (used mine in Alta/Bird, Jackson, Big Sky).
I managed to get railroad tracks out of mine this year on piste, and discovered that when you open them up on the hard stuff, they rip! Very Happy
ssh may choose to post here later on at how he felt about me slaloming in a tuck on a pair of skis which, strictly speaking, shouldn't be able to.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

ssh may choose to post here later on at how he felt about me slaloming in a tuck on a pair of skis which, strictly speaking, shouldn't be able to.

Was he one of the human 'gates'?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yes! As far as I remember, he looked something like this...
Very Happy Smile Shocked Sad Skullie
Then I went past him... Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, I can imagine he did. If someone GS'ed past me on a pair of Pistols I think I'd be a bit nervous as well. Not doubting your abilities of course...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, it wasn't a GS! Each "gate" was about 3-4m below the previous one.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not sure I'm deserving of it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You skied gates 4m apart on Pistols in a tuck? What on earth did ssh think he was doing acting as a gate! Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, I think he was praying, and possibly considering changing his underwear.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tried the Seth's for a day in Val D in January. There was nothing deep but the snow was falling on hard-packed pistes.

It normally takes me about 2 hours to understand a particular ski. Some leave me baffled for eternity. The Seth's melded with my mind in about 15 minutes. GS turns, tight (relatively quick) turns on hard pack, jumps, floating turns on 3-4 inches of new snow on piste, and some easy moguls. The Seth's were fantastic in all. I am hoping to try them in deep with a view to buy.

ponder, I would try them as soon as you can. PS I have a couple more board/binding questions for you coming up following a couple of days out this last weekend. If you wouldn't mind please look out for something in the bording section.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
....wot no picture Shocked .......mistake surely Puzzled
Now , what new ski's to buy with my insurance money? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
B00thy, will do Smile
Sounds like a good ski. This question was actually for a skier friend who is thinking of buying them. He avoids groomed runs whenever possible, and likes to drop small to mid-sized cliffs, so it sounds like these would be good skis for him. I'll probably try them myself if he picks up a pair Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy