Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boots probs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've just put on the Salomon Mission RS8 boots I've bought. I'm off in 16 days so I thought I'd better do something towards breaking them in a bit Smile

They both felt great at the shop and the left still does. With the right one though my toes are going numb after about 10 minutes.

I just wondered of this was part of what to expect with new boots or whether I need to be going back to the shop.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks

Owen
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
depends

are you sitting, standing flexing lazing around. clipping loosely , tightly, wearing the same thickness sock as when they were fitted or just the first pair you grabbed out the drawer.... take them off the try again tomorrow if it takes longer to have a problem then it is probably just breaking in if it happens after the same length of time or less then they may need to be looked at
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sitting mainly. Clips medium. Same socks (Falke FK2) as fitting.
Cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Sitting mainly

Voila. Go hoover the house do some ironing wink

I didnt, but sitting in mine caused mild numbness.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
owen4220 wrote:
Sitting mainly. Clips medium. Same socks (Falke FK2) as fitting.
Cheers

Try loosening the clip on your foot arch. My little toes used to go numb after a while and I was advised this by another snowhead (skimotterat at one of the HH sessions) even though I didn't think I had them particularly tight. It was big help.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do this when trying boots and breaking in new boots

5 mins of shifting weight from right to left while rocking slightly back and fourth (almost an oval motion)

followed by

5 mins sitting down alternating between resting feet flat with a little pressure and legs stretched out with no pressure.

if you survive 30 mins of this with a new set of boots then they should be perfect skiing all day

also tighten the clips to the tightest and do the 5 mins right/left till it hurts, slacken off and you should be able to recover feeling and comfort within 5 mins
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep - don't sit until you have been standing for ages... Ski boots are designed to be stood in with ankles flexed. Sitting will lift your toes up against the shell.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies. I'll do as suggested and see how it goes.

Owen
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy