Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which skis??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being a bit of a cheapskate, and not wanting to buy new skis, i am after some advice. Although I have been skiing for quite a few years, i have not skiid for more than a week at a time and i have never had lessons. I'd like to consider myself about intermediate. Been looking at skis on ebay of around 4-5 years old which go for about 50-80 quid. I need a ski that will be ok in all most conditions, ie. groomed, /hard/icy, lumpy, and occasionally powder. Can anyone recommend an 'all mountain' ski from years gone by which may suit?
Thanks... Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
xt600, Something like Rossignol bandit b2's were great 'all mountain' skis at that time and enough were sold to give you a sporting chance of finding a good second hand pair, Just dont do what i did on ebay and buy the womens version. unless you are a woman that is.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Dave, I will bear that in mind! I did bid on zenith Z1's but ended too expensive for me. They any good?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
xt600, you've posted this in the wrong bit which is why you havent had much response. Try re-writing it on The Piste or Equipment forum (this techie bit is for the pc techie things Very Happy )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic R:EX, M:EX, Snoop Daddy
Volkl G3, G4
Volkl Explosiv
Elan 777 (old style)
K2 Public Enemy
Elan 666
Stockli XL
Head Monster series
Dynastar 4800, 8000
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Shimmy... any more suggestions welcomed wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
xt600, dont thank Shimmy Alcott, ...she's talking out of her @r$e again...you are asking for thoughts on skis therefore you are in the correct section i.e. equiptment reviews/questions...BTW...you want to spend only £50-80 on skis and its going to cost you £30 min to transport them? Puzzled ....

okbye
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
xt600, they may have something NEW and to your likeing here: http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Skis.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
II wrote:
xt600, they may have something NEW and to your likeing here: http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Skis.html

thanks, but too expensive, plus would have to buy bindings too. Would rather have a set of good quality slightly used skis than a new set of 'cheap' skis...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
xt600 wrote:
II wrote:

thanks, but too expensive, plus would have to buy bindings too. Would rather have a set of good quality slightly used skis than a new set of 'cheap' skis...

£100-£200 for new skis with bindings too expensive??? Good luck then if that is out of your price range. A reasonably well used decent ski say 3-4 years old will still cost £100+ in the flat, £150 with bindings so I'd suggest you adjust your expectations.

I agree with your view that stuff 4-5 years old can perform as well as the latest models but you really need to know what you're looking for to assess if you've really got a bargain. I've got a mate with some old B2s which I'm sure he'd let you have for £80 if you can pick up in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowpatrol wrote:
xt600, dont thank Shimmy Alcott, ...she's talking out of her @r$e again...you are asking for thoughts on skis therefore you are in the correct section i.e. equiptment reviews/questions...BTW...you want to spend only £50-80 on skis and its going to cost you £30 min to transport them? Puzzled ....

okbye

If you think very very hard, I'm sure you'll...
nvm.

nohello
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="fatbob"][quote="xt600"]
II wrote:
xt600,

I agree with your view that stuff 4-5 years old can perform as well as the latest models but you really need to know what you're looking for to assess if you've really got a bargain. I've got a mate with some old B2s which I'm sure he'd let you have for £80 if you can pick up in Chamonix.

That's exactly why I'm asking the good people of this forum for their opinions, bob. Unfortunately, Chamonix is i lttle out of my way Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
xt600, I have a pair of Rossi B2's you can have for £80 - cracking skis too - I bought SC80's after trialling loads last season.
They've done about 16 weeks in two years - they ain't pretty, but nothing wrong with them. PM me if at all interested. I'm in Reading, obviously only a pick-up would work, I'm not posting them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowpatrol wrote:

okbye

snowpatrol, how very unfortunate that you seem to be in the wrong again, hun.

This thread was originally posted in the IT Development/suggestions/techie forum. I suggested it be moved and a mod moved it into here. Now, if you'd just take a chill pill and stop trying to jump down everyones throats every other minute then you might just have noticed that.

Love and kisses, Shimmy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy