Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stickers on helmets?

Poster: A snowHead
My son has a very nice chrome ski helmet but would like to personalize it with a couple of stickers (I think it's flames or something). Would this be ok? Only I seem to recall that you shouldn't stick anything onto helmets as they affected the shell [or was I dreaming?]

Thanks for any replies Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had stickers on my helmet for years and had no problems, although the manufacturer may advise against it just to cover their backs...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Caddy, I think you may have had the same school lessons i had ? with the collection of grizzly motorcycle helmets in which various luckless individuals had died.....all because they put stickers on them Very Happy

I think this may be a legacy issue with the older materials that reacted with the glues in the stickers and became briittle. Also helmets these days are designed to absorb impact by being damaged themselves whereas the older stlye were designed to remain intact and anything that weakened them or made them brittle was to be avoided.

I know our kids new bike helmets all came with a whole selection of stickers to customise them. I would not have thought it would be an issue these days....but i wait to be corrected Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have chearfully put several stickers on my kids helmets..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Caddy, Snowheads sticker only, I'm afraid. Toofy Grin Anything else is just wrong. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee, can you still get them or have they passed into 'collectors item' status, dont seem to be any avaialble?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevindonkleywood, You're right, there's no sign of them on the snowHead things you can buy. Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood, if you go anywhere with in 10m of Admin at any kind of snowHeads event you will be lucky to evade his stickering activity - obviously born out of practice flyposting illegal raves in his well-spent youth.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Caddy, My son's Giro helmet came with several sheets of stickers, must be ok.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Caddy, our son's helmet has stickers on it - usually related to Green Day or 'Parental Advisory' rather than ski related. Hasn't been DSQd from any races yet (well, not for helmet-related issues, anyway!)

Hmmm.....wouldn't mind getting some of those snowHeads stickers for the roofbox......as long as they don't affect the mpg too much.... Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Actually to contradict my self, just got a new Sweet Trooper, and the user guide thing rather emphatically states not to put stickers/paint/cleaning solutions/etc onto the helmet...

Some cynical people may suggest this just to cover their backs, but Sweet don't really come across as that sort of company...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FANTASTIC! He'll be made up (and spend all week looking for some good ones!) Thanks all x
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In relation to Bicycle Helmets (I don't know if snowsports helmets are made out of different plastics).

http://www.bhsi.org/stickers.htm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:
Actually to contradict my self, just got a new Sweet Trooper, and the user guide thing rather emphatically states not to put stickers/paint/cleaning solutions/etc onto the helmet...

apart from their own adhesive fitpads??!! Laughing rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barry wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

apart from their own adhesive fitpads??!! Laughing rolling eyes

But they will have made sure that the adhesive used on their stickers is compatable with their helmet shell material. With a third party sticker which people might put on, they can't know what adhesive might be used.
snow conditions
Caddy, is only 1 way to sort this out.

Need a sample of about 200,000 children. Assess for quality of life, neurocogntive function, levels of disability and ski related happines and joy (will need several months to develop a valid rating scale for this)

100,000 to ski in helmets with stickers same without.

Follow-up for the next 5-10 years. Repeat assessments as at baseline and count total health care input over study period (costs, number consultations etc etc).

Spend several years collecting data.

Or find a bigger problem to worry about.
latest report
ed123, Surely you will need a control group with the stickers applied directly to the childrens heads to make the study valid?
ski holidays
I think there are two more important questions which need answering:

1) how do you stick a flat (2d) sticker to a round (3d) helmet?
2) what stickers is it acceptable for a 43yo man to put on his first helmet? (I have a spare 'National Trust' one I think)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy